Is this man made.

TMRoberts

Aug 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Would really appreciate some help determining if this is man made or a natural occurrence. We are in the TN / KY area and find rocks like this all over the place near rivers. We also find almost perfectly round rocks that I can provide pictures of if that would help in the identification.

Thanks in advance for any help

Chris

image-1325963088.jpg

image-429302669.jpg

Upvote 0

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to tell from the picture I'm in the same area and most all round rocks are natural in our area . But they were also used . I have found natural rocks excavating that look like the one you posted . I do however think yours may have been used . Maybe someone else will have better info for you welcome to TNet ;)

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to get a sense of how big it is. Is it really big?

It's also hard to say from your pictures if it was used or not. My gut says a Nutting Stone or Grinding Bowl of some kid, but there are natural stones that look just like that. I would have brought it home too more than likely.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site. I just don't find that kind of artifact here in GA where I hunt at. Thanks for the post of it

OP
OP
T

TMRoberts

Aug 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. From your thread I can see that these are very common.

OP
OP
T

TMRoberts

Aug 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally natural, but today we found around 10 to 15 almost perfectly round rocks. Have never seen anything like it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread