Finds from a couple weeks ago.

BJS in Iowa

Jun 21, 2011
Iowa
Finally had a big rain that stirred things up a little in the creeks. Found the three brokes on one two hour hunt and the blade on another in a different creek. Only one in-situ. Didn't realize what the other two were until I'd already picked them up and the blade I forgot my camera and my phone. I'll try to get better lighting next time. The red tip looks like it would have been huge. I think the gray one in the in-situ is flint ridge which, I'm told, is rare to find in Iowa.

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    385.4 KB · Views: 118
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 113
  • sept14.JPG
    sept14.JPG
    757.1 KB · Views: 145
  • sept14broke 2.JPG
    sept14broke 2.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0

Mrtodd

Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I've always said I'd never pay for a rock but I think the bottom left of the four got me!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice colors in those. Im glad you got some hard rain. Just allot of sprinkles coming around my area.

OP
OP
BJS in Iowa

BJS in Iowa

Jun 21, 2011
Iowa
Thanks, guys. They aren't great but like my neighbor says, "A broken one is as good as a whole one 'cause that means you ain't getting skunked!" Had about 4 inches of rain the day before I left for work last week. Felt like calling in so I could walk the creeks! But, alas, gotta make a paycheck! Guess they'll be there when I get home!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice colors in those. Im glad you got some hard rain. Just allot of sprinkles coming around my area.
Sounds like the weather up here.It is pretty bad that I am hoping for a hurricane :dontknow:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the weather up here.It is pretty bad that I am hoping for a hurricane :dontknow:

Yeah we need a flood. Last yr I said that and it rained almost everyday for the whole winter. Just 1 or 2 floods will do

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions