Some recent finds

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a few decent points along with the usual broke pieces and a couple quartz tools. Also a old bottle, flat button and mother of pearl button around an old home place that was pushed up. Thanks for the look
002.JPG 006.JPG 003.JPG 007.JPG 004.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SCrocks

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All great finds! What kinda bottle was that do you reckon? I'm always curious about those.

Thanks- I have no clue but they must be kind of common. Maybe a medicine bottle? I have found a few just like it at other old home sites over the years.

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! Great variety of materials. Whats the grey-blue looking material on the right side of the first pic, Rhyolite? The banded material on the left side of the third pic is nice too. Love the Quartz ovate looking things, all three pieces in the third pic are killer. Thanks for the show.

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds there SCrocks. That is a sharp looking white quartz Guilford in your hand in the first photo. What do you make of the two rhyolite points next to it, the upper one looks to have some slight indentations or notches near the base, do you consider it a type of Guilford, more of a triangle, or something else altogether? The rhyolite point below that has such a wide base that it looks to be an unusual form as well?
PS. I think the bottle would have held shoe or leather polish, we have found some like that with the dauber or swab, or whatever they are called, still inside them, probably dates to the 1920's. HH

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice show of finds SCrocks

Last edited:
OP
OP
SCrocks

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Redbeard the one with the slight notches I believe is a eared yadin. The other like you said don't fit the usual forms that I'm aware of anyway. It is thin and I believe is from the woodland period. Found a few triangles at the spot a while back made of the same material and same patina.
Theviking I beleive it is ryholite with some impurities that weather/patina differently. -Thanks-

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!Looks like you have been cleaning up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread