Damn leafs are already getting in the way!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some creek walking today.I got lucky and found a decent little point, I probably wont be able to post it until next week sometime cause someone is borrowing my camera for their vacation.I noticed the leaves are already starting to cover the creek beds and they are already starting to get in the way, "in these parts anyway".Looks like we are in for a early winter "maybe:icon_scratch:!"gl and HH!joe

Upvote 0

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Did some creek walking today.I got lucky and found a decent little point, I probably wont be able to post it until next week sometime cause someone is borrowing my camera for their vacation.I noticed the leaves are already starting to cover the creek beds and they are already starting to get in the way, "in these parts anyway".Looks like we are in for a early winter "maybe:icon_scratch:!"gl and HH!joe

wow what a diff in the north and the south of this USA

up here in north dakota the leaves are green the pumpkins and the watermelons are not ripe yet and the apple and pear trees are loaded with stuff that ain't ripe yet

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you are correct the leaves are falling in the creeks already. I couldn't believe it when I saw it the other day. Water is down due to no rain and now leaves are covering the gravel bars. I cant seem to catch a break!
I drove past the fields I have permission to hunt and they have turned 3 of them already........what a bummer with no rain.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, I busted out laughing as soon as I saw the title of your post. It is aggravating, and even worse when you spot that killer point lying there, stomach all knotted up and wait, it's just a damn leaf!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, I busted out laughing as soon as I saw the title of your post. It is aggravating, and even worse when you spot that killer point lying there, stomach all knotted up and wait, it's just a damn leaf!

You aint lying on the leafs looking like points. I find mostly black points in the creek and when the leafs hit the water they turn black. I must of flipped a few hundred leafs the other day. A good rain would help wash them away.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
wow what a diff in the north and the south of this USA

up here in north dakota the leaves are green the pumpkins and the watermelons are not ripe yet and the apple and pear trees are loaded with stuff that ain't ripe yet

What a diff from north and south dakota. watermelons are about done, pumpkins and squash are ready, and so are most apples. (Some of the apples and most pears need a good frost to get them ready). Silage for the most part has been cut, beans are being combined and the corn is dry as I have ever seen it this early. I hope your stuff ripens up there lars.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
What a diff from north and south dakota. watermelons are about done, pumpkins and squash are ready, and so are most apples. (Some of the apples and most pears need a good frost to get them ready). Silage for the most part has been cut, beans are being combined and the corn is dry as I have ever seen it this early. I hope your stuff ripens up there lars.

hey hey thank you quito!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I've seen leaves turning here a month ago already here :(

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, those smaller leafs with the little serrated edges that sit on the bottom underwater get me every time,until I poke them with my stick.One time I saw one out of reach and drug it with my stick and while dragging it I caught on to a rock and man I thought I had a nice one.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, those smaller leafs with the little serrated edges that sit on the bottom underwater get me every time,until I poke them with my stick.One time I saw one out of reach and drug it with my stick and while dragging it I caught on to a rock and man I thought I had a nice one.

If we don't get rain soon you will have to go creek hunting with a leaf rake so you can rake off the gravel bars :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions