rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I must be having a bad dream and cant wake up. I was downtown today and it was pouring rain. I got excited so I drove the 10 miles to my hunting area and not a single drop of rain had fallen :sadsmiley:. Its been so dry the cotton is getting pulled early which is great but with no rain its a bad thing for me. They are plowing many of the fields after harvest but with no rain there is nothing but dirt clogs every place.
The creeks are drying up but now the leaves are falling and covering up all of the new spots to hunt. Its quite miserable rite now is all I can say. I hope others are having better luck than me. Might be a while before I post again, rock

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are getting rain but for some reason it falls all around the area I can hunt. None has fallen on the fields where I can go. I drove by yesterday and they have plowed 3 more fields. They usually don't plant in the winter so hopefully it wont grow back to soon.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Dry, dry, dry here in northeast Oklahoma, my creek is almost as low as the peak period of the drought two years ago, pretty sure I've scoured every flake available, every old bottle , every bit of old metal trash....as for snakes...don't kill them! unless it's venomous and too near people,,,and just removing it would be better..We are losing snakes too, and we need them..:D I challenge you to defeat your fear of them, if you have a fear of them. Personally, I fear people! but am slowly confronting that fear, and learning that some are actually quite docile and harmless!! lol, everyone have a great day, and Happy Hunting

naturegirl

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as a matter of fact I am not to fond of snakes. One time I was hunting with a guy and a big water snake jumped in front of me. I yelled out and my friend thought it was funny and kept throwing rocks and sticks in the bushes every chance he got after that. Im just glad it wasn't the bad kind of snake. Im glad to see the frogs making such a good comeback around our area now. They like to eat the bugs that bite me. I don't kill the snakes I go my way and let them go theirs.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lots of rain in north central Florida right now. A storm knocked out my power for 5 hours the other day.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of rain in north central Florida right now. A storm knocked out my power for 5 hours the other day.

Yeah I heard Florida is getting pounded with rain. The storm isn't going far enough north to hit my area. They say Friday but I will see. I wont get my hopes up cause they must have hired elementary students to predict their weather. Everyone is doing pay cuts now days :laughing7:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They predicted rain in our area but we only got 3/10ths of an inch total, but Putney near Albany got 5 inches if I heard right.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They predicted rain in our area but we only got 3/10ths of an inch total, but Putney near Albany got 5 inches if I heard right.
You heard right. I am just north of the Albany/Dougherty county line but I work in Albany. Monday was a soggy day to say the least.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No measurable rain up here either Rock…and now we are entering the driest month…that is not good…hope something comes soon for you to wipe off the dirt and dust so you can find some stuff.

They say rain tonight I sure hope they aren't wrong. I drove by the area where I hunt at and there are 4 fields cleared and plowed. That sure would keep me busy for a while. I did some yard work today cause the farmers were out in their fields working. About the worst thing you can do is bother them while they are busy. That is the quickest way to lose access to a field you have permission to hunt.

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Hey Rock I know what you mean about being dry. I went to one of the new fields I was given permission to hunt. It was worked up so well and it was sooooo dry that it was like trying to walk in a very deep powder. I made one round and had to empty my shoes 5 times. I decided to leave and go back when we get a good rain. That's been 3 weeks ago. Nothing of significance yet. Did get a light shower last night but just enough to settle the dust.

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say rain tonight I sure hope they aren't wrong. I drove by the area where I hunt at and there are 4 fields cleared and plowed. That sure would keep me busy for a while. I did some yard work today cause the farmers were out in their fields working. About the worst thing you can do is bother them while they are busy. That is the quickest way to lose access to a field you have permission to hunt.

Well it was pouring this morning here…so I hope as I write this you are out walking your spots…look forward to seeing what you found.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rock I know what you mean about being dry. I went to one of the new fields I was given permission to hunt. It was worked up so well and it was sooooo dry that it was like trying to walk in a very deep powder. I made one round and had to empty my shoes 5 times. I decided to leave and go back when we get a good rain. That's been 3 weeks ago. Nothing of significance yet. Did get a light shower last night but just enough to settle the dust.

Well we did get some rain this morning hard down pour. I drove by the fields on my way home today from work. Im hoping it was enough and will find out next week.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was pouring this morning here…so I hope as I write this you are out walking your spots…look forward to seeing what you found.

I did talk to the owner today and he said it should be dry enough by my next day off to walk it. I will let you know then. I got a few new fields this yr to checkout which is exciting for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread