rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I must be having a bad dream and cant wake up. I was downtown today and it was pouring rain. I got excited so I drove the 10 miles to my hunting area and not a single drop of rain had fallen :sadsmiley:. Its been so dry the cotton is getting pulled early which is great but with no rain its a bad thing for me. They are plowing many of the fields after harvest but with no rain there is nothing but dirt clogs every place.
The creeks are drying up but now the leaves are falling and covering up all of the new spots to hunt. Its quite miserable rite now is all I can say. I hope others are having better luck than me. Might be a while before I post again, rock

Upvote 0

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I share your pain. We were supposed to get a lot of rain today, but they missed it again.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 3.5"s in my rain gauge here today. Too bad I can't send it your way!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 3.5"s in my rain gauge here today. Too bad I can't send it your way!

WOW I could see it in the distance very black near Atlanta but it just sprinkled here and on the fields. Its been like that all this month here though. Rains all around the fields but not on them.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this makes you feel any better we've been getting poured on every afternoon but I don't have a single field to walk... My favorite fossil hunting River needs to be below an average of 2 feet for it to be good now it's at 11 feet

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW I could see it in the distance very black near Atlanta but it just sprinkled here and on the fields. Its been like that all this month here though. Rains all around the fields but not on them.
sounds like the weather here.It has rained a little here and there this month, but mostly small showers or drizzle,seems like the most of it goes around us.Had a small shower this morning, not much.It's good they have turned some of your fields up though"It has gotta rain sometime, something to look forward too!I don't know if they are even going to turn any of the fields around here this year or not.I think they are practicing that no till planting crap and I wish they would stop and turn that ground like they should:)

Last edited:

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well up here it did that big flash flooding rain a few Fridays ago and the creek is completely different, I've found a few shards but nothing else, gonna post them in a minute. My problem is it's difficult to get down into the creek from my usual spot and I'm seeing lotsa baby snakes and to get out I use a ladder but still have to crawl under a tree. The leaves are starting to fall here too and it's getting dark early and I don't get off work until 5 so not much time to look. I got a feeling I won't find any stone stuff until the banks are freezing and drop them out. I guess it's just that time of year.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ GB... sorry to hear that for ya. Just the reverse from my problem. Last yr it rained almost everyday here but they didn't plow like this yr.
@ Dig Iron... They should still turn the fields every other year with the no till at least that is what they do here. If no rain falls soon the grass will grow over the field anyway. I can only hope winter comes soon if it is cold enough the grass wont grow much.
@ Peaches....Snakes? What kind?

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some are black rat snake babies and the momma, she's pretty big. Others I'm not sure but thinking red belly or banded water snakes. So far I haven't seen any copperheads but I'm wearing my rubber boots when I'm out there just in case. One of my friends killed 4 baby copperheads where the momma musta birthed them, her little boy had just been out there barefooted so needless to say she was all to pieces. Today when I opened the door to the shop, which is right near the creek, a baby black rat snake fell down and brushed my arm! yukky yuk yuk! I let it live but can't guarantee how much longer it will if continues to surprise me.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have rat snakes falling down when you open the door to the shop maybe you should get a few shop cats to let hang around there

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I must be having a bad dream and cant wake up. I was downtown today and it was pouring rain. I got excited so I drove the 10 miles to my hunting area and not a single drop of rain had fallen :sadsmiley:. Its been so dry the cotton is getting pulled early which is great but with no rain its a bad thing for me. They are plowing many of the fields after harvest but with no rain there is nothing but dirt clogs every place.
The creeks are drying up but now the leaves are falling and covering up all of the new spots to hunt. Its quite miserable rite now is all I can say. I hope others are having better luck than me. Might be a while before I post again, rock

Thats wild, I never even thought how the falling leaves effects hunting artifacts...Well, before you know it...it will be hot as hell again..lol

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No measurable rain up here either Rock…and now we are entering the driest month…that is not good…hope something comes soon for you to wipe off the dirt and dust so you can find some stuff.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best field that I know of around here hasn't been bottom plowed since January of '88. Either harrow or no-till since, neither one does my heart any good.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:( Sorry about the "no" rain rock and the snakes Peaches....know how the "no rain" is..lol....I guess it's been our turn, we've been getting it, had a couple of inches these past couple of weeks...and a "snake" surprise day before yesterday but not the dangerous kind....just the yucky kind....

FSCN9699.JPG ...biggest garter snake I've ever seen, about 4 feet!

manzanita

Greenie
Aug 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, that is California all the time. I does rain from time to time. Were in a drought all the time. My creek out back is full of leaves and other debris. I feel your pain!

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:( Sorry about the "no" rain rock and the snakes Peaches....know how the "no rain" is..lol....I guess it's been our turn, we've been getting it, had a couple of inches these past couple of weeks...and a "snake" surprise day before yesterday but not the dangerous kind....just the yucky kind....

View attachment 1060324 ...biggest garter snake I've ever seen, about 4 feet!

Wow! that is big for a garter snake! makes me think of something a good ole country boy once said about them and cracked me up! He said if a garter snake bites you, you'll be "touched in the head" hehehe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread