1.3 MB · Views: 321
  • IMG_5139_1_1.jpg
    IMG_5139_1_1.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Wow!! I never had that luck in my detecting days. Come to think of it..... I still don't. Lol! Nice hard stone collection. I've seen that axe with the concave spot on it before. If not that one, one just like it. That is a curiosity.... An axe/ nutting stone. I love it!!

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's nice!! I don't find stuff like that on my farm. The tribe that lived here must have been poor:laughing7: Tony

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
A super, superior collection, all seem to be exceptional examples of the highest craftsmanship. Have you identified what each is made of?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you really didn't say how you came across them. Personal finds? Nice collection even the frame above the ax heads looks to be nice ones in it.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My impression is that he metal detects in fields and has spoted them

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe but some of those are perfect like from an old collection. Early 30s-40s way back when they hadnt had time to get damaged

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is DANG!!!!!! If you metal det. all the time God knows what you would find if you pick up this hobby full time:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've run into a lot of folks who pretty consistently make some amazing Native American finds wile metal detecting in plowed fields... I think since most of them are on the larger side it might be because they're covering a lot of ground not focused on small objects.
I know I've found a few larger artifacts that I almost walked right by because I was focusing on small things or looking very closely

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great collection of hardstone, I remember when you found that clovis.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Think I see a birdstone or birdstone head on the bottom shelf. If you found that while not really looking, hats off to you.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is DANG!!!!!! If you metal det. all the time God knows what you would find if you pick up this hobby full time:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
I agree,I believe I would put away the machine for good if I was finding stuff like that!but maybe that's just me.Man what allot of high quality pieces!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Igyjastabay

Igyjastabay

May 28, 2014
The Beach SW FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No no, i have found all the flint you see with exception of the dovetail top center. I have only found a few of those axes. I used to hit the fields, but now its with a metal detector. Thanks for the look.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for being honest you have a fine collection.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No no, i have found all the flint you see with exception of the dovetail top center. I have only found a few of those axes. I used to hit the fields, but now its with a metal detector. Thanks for the look.
you sure found some nice stuff.I have yet to find any big tools.Man, you got some nice one's. Thanks for the post!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions