DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
002.JPG 007.JPG 025.JPG I found this guy last Saturday creek walking.It was laying flat stuck up against a bank.At first I thought it was some crazy looking leaf,it didn't look real until I picked it up.I mean it really stood out from all the other material in the creek.It looks to be corner notched and has a eared base.The closest example's I have seen that look similar are Elko point's made from obsidian.From doing some reading it seems Elko points are only found out west, what makes me think it is something else?I am not good at identifying different materials eather, but I almost want to say it looks like it is made from some kind of blue- grey slate?The other pic are some possible heartbreakers and debris I found from the last couple hunts. 026.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Decatur...Early Archaic, it is a fractured base point, that after made the base and corner notches i are struck to thin it.
Nice find.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beauty! I go along with Rege-PA on the ID.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a smaller one that looks like a twin to that one. I've been told it is a Palmer? What ever, it is an old one. Tony

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!I am pretty happy with it.I think it might be one of the oldest I have found yet.Unfortunately I am laid up with my back right now,all that creek houndoggin caught up with it,As far as the creek walkin goes, I think I have to give it a break for awhile.The leafs are getting too terrible in the creeks anyway.I am just dreading having to bring out the old leaf blower and rake for the yard!They are like a never ending battle around here until they quit falling. HH everyone.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice frame worthy point find. Hey if they make gas powered leaf blowers I bet it would work great at the creek?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a smaller one that looks like a twin to that one. I've been told it is a Palmer? What ever, it is an old one. Tony

I think I have it's twin also somewhere. What is it?

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice frame worthy point find. Hey if they make gas powered leaf blowers I bet it would work great at the creek?
thanks rock,they make them,but man that would be allot of hauling with it:laughing7:is a good idea!Making the nerve in my lower back ache just thinking about it right now.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a back brace and one of those trash picker grabber things so you can pick it up without bending.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I have it's twin also somewhere. What is it?
I think Rege-Pa nailed it with some kind of early Archaic- Decatur point type.I looked into it and seems about right.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a back brace and one of those trash picker grabber things so you can pick it up without bending.
In the creeks for me its not the picking up that gets me,its all the bending over while looking.My eyes are not the best even with my glasses on,so in the creeks I am always hunched over I guess I just don't want to miss anything.But man I over did last time!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant see worth a well you know. I am so darn tall Im usually hunched over to. We need a good rain to wash something out or just to rinse off some mud on the gravel bars here. Hopefully next week the rains will come again like they say.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes since!I am about 6/1 not really really tall but guess that is a factor,the taller the further the eyes are away from what we are looking for.I recon a hard rain might send some of those leafs downstream too!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah when I walk through the woods I must sound like "Big Foot" coming. Im 6 ft 7 and use to weigh 350 but since I have been jumping in and out of creeks I am 290 now. I feel much better losing weight. Hope you find another nice one soon, rock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread