Sometimes Things Are Just Meant To Be Found.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to go bow hunting today, but the wind was blowing real hard . So I waited and went toward the mid day and the wind just did not wont to lay down, so I decided to try to make a stalk hunt. I came across some fresh hog signs and fell in behind them. They had really tore up a ridge top, I knew they were real close and I keep my eyes looking for movement, but I could not keep from looking at the dirt they had turned over. I had almost walked past this and the sun changed and I spotted the edge. At first I thought it was a piece of pottery, till I got a closer look and then I thought it was going to be broke. 10-5-14 002.JPG When I pulled it out all I could say was( Thank You Jesus), 10-5-14 003.JPG it is such a rush when you find a nice piece, I forgot all about the hogs. This is the first whole gorget that I have ever found and the only one made from slate. Slate is something that does not come from this area, so it had to be traded into this area. I wiped it off the best I could but was to scared to dig out the dirt in the holes. 10-5-14 006.JPG So when I got home I got out the dental pick and went to work with it and the electric tooth brush and this is a cleaned up photo. 10-5-14 013.JPG
I have always had to dig, walk fields and creeks to find things, this has made me think of the things that are just laying out there to be found by someone. I did not have artifact hunting on my mind due to all the leaves that have fallen, but I can't keep my eye's off of fresh dirt. It's going to be a long deer season I think.

Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
You are deserving Monster! I couldn't be happier for you!

banner worthy FOR SURE!!!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Those have eluded me forever it seems. Good for you!

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep you got my vote incredible !!!!!

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting piece! Where I grew up on the Maryland/Pennsylvania border, there is slate everywhere. There is even a type of green slate in P.A. Neat find! Congrats!

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one killler gorget! Ya got my vote.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Do the drill holes go all the way through?

jdsly

Mar 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Best i've been able to find is a small piece of one

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you now have a new centerpiece for your next display! Beautiful! Happy for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions