Found a Guntersville and a ?

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got a hunt in recently where I found something. I'm pretty sure the triangle is a Guntersville and I got an in situ of it. The other one I had trouble getting a conclusive ID. Any suggestions?
IMG_1254.jpg IMG_1187.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greenbriar on the other?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah.... There so many different point Types in Tennessee someone from Tennessee would be better for this but I would probably go with Benton

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! The triangle is killer, great insitu as well. Not sure whats going on with the other piece, maybe a worn down large bifurcate, hard to tell the size. Nice what ever it is.. Thanks for the view.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah great finds. Have a good night a thunderstorm is coming. Good to hear from you friend.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Savannah River or Arredondo. Good looking point.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for the record I want to clarify the Benton I was referring to was the Benton articulated base probably called the Buzzard roost Creek in that area

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out Maccorkle. It is old and worn. Pretty nice Guntersville Joe considering you are only 30 miles from where it got its name.. I am always happy to find one.

OP
OP
eastTNJoe

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out Maccorkle. It is old and worn. Pretty nice Guntersville Joe considering you are only 30 miles from where it got its name.. I am always happy to find one.

I thought about MacCorkle, but the examples I saw were serrated and this one doesn't look like it ever had serrations. It is fairly thick if that helps with any ID. I didn't realize the Guntersville was so "recent". That may be the "newest" point I have found!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Boy!! Where is Waldo? Lol! Took me a minute to find the point in your insitu. Pic. Nice couple you found!!

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought about MacCorkle, but the examples I saw were serrated and this one doesn't look like it ever had serrations. It is fairly thick if that helps with any ID. I didn't realize the Guntersville was so "recent". That may be the "newest" point I have found!

I think MacCorkle, AKA large bifurcate, is a good call. Not all examples are serrated as noted in the link below.

MacCorkle Projectile Point

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have found 1 Guntersville myself very well made points.

OP
OP
eastTNJoe

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice points:icon_thumleft:and that does look like some hard hunting on the eyes and back:laughing7:

The eyes can handle it ok still…but the back is where I feel it…I find myself hunched over to take it easy on the eyes!…not sure that is the best trade-off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread