8 1/4" x 2 1/8" INDIAN SPEARPOINT

1ZZZMAN1

Oct 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
knife2.jpg SPEARPOINT_8+2.jpg SPEARPOINT_8+.jpg
Bought this at a Garage Sale out in the country about 15 years ago for $75. I would like to know if the story the guy told me is true about finding them all during the building of Del Webb's Sun City in Georgetown, TX. The centerpiece SPEARPOINT is 8 1/4" x 2 1/8" and no chips or impefections that I can see but by far not an expert.

I would like to know the type of SPEARPOINT it is, if the story is valid, and what it's worth is as well as the entire collection of around 65 arrowheads. Knife3.jpg Knife4.jpg Knife5.jpg Knife6.jpg Knife1r.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a long way from Tx and not up to speed on the point types from the area but that doesn't look like a Gray Ghost to me. I think it has a real good chance of being legit. If so you are talking a big money point for sure. Could be well worth your while to have it looked at in person by expert. Don't know who that would be in your area though. Someone here should know.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have to see a side view but it sure likes a piece of slab cut flint.

May not be a Reinhardt, but it could still be a repro.

We need a lot better pics though to say for sure.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I'd have to see a side view but it sure likes a piece of slab cut flint.

May not be a Reinhardt, but it could still be a repro.

We need a lot better pics though to say for sure.

It's tough to say from the pics for sure, as grim said. And it is very hard to get a piece of flint over 4 inches without the bend which comes from the nature of the way flint fractures, the bulb of percussion that is often so apparent . A side view really could be of help.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought repro on it when I saw it but it would be nice if it is real. Thanks for the show of your frame and welcome to the site

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is JMO. It's like Reaper said from what I can see, it looks to have been made from a slab of sawed stone. Two things stand out to me #1 It is way to flat in the center cross section #2 the edge work is chopped off almost straight down, but mainly there is no back bone as I call it to the point, the center is what gives a point or blade the strength it needs to do the job it was made for. The other points in the frame look good from what I can see, if you paid $75 you got your moneys worth. A reproduction blade like that could cost $15 per inch and you have a case full of other points. 1 bad one does not spoil the whole batch, thanks for posting and welcome to Tnet:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread