Point and shell

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and Christy hit the field today. BUT it is planted in winter wheat. So we walked the edge and I got a point and Christy got a shell. The shell is beat up but it looks like it broke center of a Hole. Good day despite the new planting.

image-2541763376.jpg

Upvote 0

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds! Wish there was some shell artifacts around here.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get in when it's dry it won't hurt it. I have several farmers who let me hunt their winter wheat fields as long as it's dry. It's no different than walking on grass. It doesn't hurt it. When it's really muddy though it makes a mess of the field.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
If you can get in when it's dry it won't hurt it. I have several farmers who let me hunt their winter wheat fields as long as it's dry. It's no different than walking on grass. It doesn't hurt it. When it's really muddy though it makes a mess of the field.
You are correct Reaper. Vegetation is drawn toward the sun. As long as the wheat isn't mushed down in the mud, it will stand up at sunrise. However, be warned, some farmers are curious as hell over their wheat. Find out what type of farmer you are dealing with! We had a farmer lease my family's farm when I was a kid that hurt my feelings because I walked on his wheat. My granddaddy had told me it wouldn't hurt the crop, and it didn't. We all know how some people are. Nice point you found and I hope you are dealing with a real farmer. I was dealing with an amateur farmer.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice point save. I don't walk on any crops I will walk between the rows if I am allowed with permission.

OP
OP
wvdirtdigger

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't walk on new planting. It is hard enough to find a place that plows and will let you look around here. It's real easy for someone to post the place up.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had permission to walk a field but it never got rain on it. The sewed it in with grass then it rained. I asked if I could walk it but the answer was no. If it had gotten rain before they planted it was ok. Its a good thing I asked or I could of lost all of the fields that I have now. Always a good thing to ask is what I am saying.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread