rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a hill I hunt this time of the year. I have found all periods on it from Dalton to pottery periods probably Woodland. Its the only place I can hunt till the crops are harvested. I did see the cotton machines today hard at work :thumbsup: What is the little black piece? Its whole....drill?
Hope you enjoy, rock

Attachments

• SDC11516.JPG
    SDC11516.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • SDC11518.JPG
    SDC11518.JPG
    713.1 KB · Views: 112
  • SDC11519.JPG
    SDC11519.JPG
    610.6 KB · Views: 112
  • SDC11522.JPG
    SDC11522.JPG
    642.4 KB · Views: 127
  • SDC11523.JPG
    SDC11523.JPG
    697.4 KB · Views: 95
  • SDC11524.JPG
    SDC11524.JPG
    656.5 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rock that peach one is sure pretty alright :icon_thumright:...hope you do find more....is that some of the same material on the black one? Yeah that clay is a mess to deal with, very slippery. Those pic's Peaches posted look like she's hunting in the Amazon! :laughing7:

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rock that peach one is sure pretty alright :icon_thumright:...hope you do find more....is that some of the same material on the black one? Yeah that clay is a mess to deal with, very slippery. Those pic's Peaches posted look like she's hunting in the Amazon! :laughing7:

They are pulling the cotton this week in the fields. The last thing I want to do is get in their way. I can wait till they are done before I go again.....maybe, :)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....always wondered about "pulling" vs "picking" cotton...guess "picking" is the old way? Hope they're done soon so you can go. :)

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....always wondered about "pulling" vs "picking" cotton...guess "picking" is the old way? Hope they're done soon so you can go. :)

Im going to check tomorrow to see how far they have gotten. There should be some good artifacts waiting for me if they don't plow rite away. Sometimes they plow rite after they harvest sometimes they wait till almost planting season. Every time they turn the soil it turns a different period to the top. Last year there was plenty of Flintridge then they plowed and then there was quartz. Most of the Flintridge was Woodland and then the quartz was Archaic. I prefer the Flintridge. Either way I am looking forward to my season coming. Thanks Kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow rock...sounds like a great "through the ages treasure field" that you have to hunt...good luck.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove by and they were pulling the field that I found the one in my avatar in early this year. Hopefully I will be there next week and if nothing else find the other halves of some heartbreakers I couldn't find earlier. Im hoping to add to this site frame.

Attachments

• SDC11115.JPG
    SDC11115.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 67

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome stuff rock

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome stuff rock

Thanks glad you like. My busiest time of the year is coming. I always find some good artifacts in the winter months.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We had a big rain last week and the next afternoon I went to see how much worse it was and of course it is worse and I saw a damn snake go off of it in the water. I want to clean it up but scared to so I've been in the downstream area and found a flake and a shard ;-)

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a big rain last week and the next afternoon I went to see how much worse it was and of course it is worse and I saw a damn snake go off of it in the water. I want to clean it up but scared to so I've been in the downstream area and found a flake and a shard ;-)

That's a shame it got worse. We got 4 inches of rain total last week. I haven't got to go to the creek or fields yet they are still working the cotton out there. Got to stay out of the way till they are done :(

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope they're done soon for you...how much longer will it take?

I saw them start Friday but didn't finish the field. One road in and out on all of the fields. So hopefully this week they will get 1 set of the fields finished. Cant even go to the hill due to getting in their way and you sure don't want to do that this time of the year. Hopefully they will finish one set this week then do the other sites next week. If I can wait 2 weeks they should all be done, hopefully. Its getting cold at night already so winter is coming.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pouring rain here right now...what's up with this odd weather? Hope you get to hunt sooner than you think rock. And peaches yes, be very careful of those snakes, that's scary. :O

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread