Buckingham, Virginia Indian Artifact Show – October 18, 2014

Selmer

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The annual Indian Artifact show in Buckingham, Virginia is this Saturday, October 18, 2014. It will be held at the Historic Village at Lee Wayside on Route 60. Lee Wayside is the site where General Robert E. Lee spent the night after surrendering at Appomattox. The show hours are 11am to 4pm and the admission is free.

84 Lee Wayside Road (US Route 60 and State Road 690)
Buckingham, VA

Regards, John

Upvote 0

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Thanks for letting us know. Is this show related in any way to the Collinsville, VA show that was cancelled last Saturday? Hopefully I'll make it to this show. It's about a 2 hour drive for me.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those of you in southern Virginia, there is a great private museum just west of Hillsville VA on RT 58. Look on the right side of the road for Harmons Boot and Clothing Store. He has a huge free museum in the back with lots of relics and Civil War and lots of other stuff.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
For those of you in southern Virginia, there is a great private museum just west of Hillsville VA on RT 58. Look on the right side of the road for Harmons Boot and Clothing Store. He has a huge free museum in the back with lots of relics and Civil War and lots of other stuff.
Thanks for the insight! Southboston VA. Has a nice museum also. They have artifacts from the Abbyville excavation. The Smithsonian got the bulk of the artifacts.

OP
OP
S

Selmer

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for letting us know. Is this show related in any way to the Collinsville, VA show that was cancelled last Saturday? Hopefully I'll make it to this show. It's about a 2 hour drive for me.

NC - This show is not related to the Collinsville, VA show. I hadn't heard that the Collinsville, VA show was cancelled. The show hosts must not have gotten enough folks committed to setting up to make it worthwhile. I had considered going to that show but was out of town. FYI. The Buckingham show is an outdoor show. I just checked the Buckingham weather forecast and it looks like it is going to be a great day. Last year we had around 50 tables filled with artifacts.

I will be set up with 4 tables. Stop in and introduce yourself.

Regards, John

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
NC - This show is not related to the Collinsville, VA show. I hadn't heard that the Collinsville, VA show was cancelled. The show hosts must not have gotten enough folks committed to setting up to make it worthwhile. I had considered going to that show but was out of town. FYI. The Buckingham show is an outdoor show. I just checked the Buckingham weather forecast and it looks like it is going to be a great day. Last year we had around 50 tables filled with artifacts. I will be set up with 4 tables. Stop in and introduce yourself. Regards, John
Sure will! Thank you sir!

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip! I'll try to get down there and get a better idea of what VA artifacts are all about ;) Yak

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I made the show. Wow! Some nice stuff was displayed and everyone I met was super nice. A few pics.

image-4134301857.jpg

image-750761028.jpg

image-3616114773.jpg

After that, I forgot I even had a camera with me. I'm really not the picture taking kind.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I'm so sad I missed it, but a new home and so on... so much to do. Is some of that stuff from the Cactus Hill dig- or all private finds? Amazing axes- amazing everything. I'll have to catch to next show. There's a Monacan Powwow Dance/Festival in May-- just learning about them- and how they stayed in place when everyone else moved west. Got some cool COOL history around here!! Thanks for the show!- Yak

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Wow! I'm so sad I missed it, but a new home and so on... so much to do. Is some of that stuff from the Cactus Hill dig- or all private finds? Amazing axes- amazing everything. I'll have to catch to next show. There's a Monacan Powwow Dance/Festival in May-- just learning about them- and how they stayed in place when everyone else moved west. Got some cool COOL history around here!! Thanks for the show!- Yak
I think all of the stuff there was personal collections. While lots of local stuff was on display, I had to read tags close. Some stuff from Illinois and other states wandered in. What amazed me more than the artifacts was the ability that some have to slap a price tag on such items. I bought a broken banner stone for $5.00. It's a nice study piece.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Here is the broken banner I bought. $5.00 for a super study piece. I got burned bad on banner stones in the past. I don't plan on getting burned again. This piece is great for study!!!

image-2903375291.jpg

image-4281115275.jpg

image-651624268.jpg

image-38553601.jpg

image-3881369057.jpg

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good price for the broke banner NC most of them nice pieces like that will run you up to $50

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Good price for the broke banner NC most of them nice pieces like that will run you up to $50
For a broken banner? Wow! The dude had about 10 broken banner pieces. I got the piece that looked best to me. I'm glad no one hogged them up. He said they were good study implements. I think he was being kind by giving students a cheap hands on with banners. They are probably the most faked artifact of all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread