monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a call from a farmer friend of mine last night, and he said he had just bought some more land and that he had found some of that Indian junk as he called it. He ask if I had the time to come and look around his new place. So I made the 1 1/2 hr. drive to this new place and he told me over the phone it was just a small place, well it was 5,200 acres that had been disked and rained on with 4in of rain. I wanted to stay all day but I just did not have the time. I only got to go over the area where he found stuff and that kept me glued to that one spot. 001.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG 008.JPG The point was laying on top of the ground with pottery sticking out of the ground, so I did not go much farther. The coolest thing that I found were 2 fish vertebrate and from the style of pottery I can date this to the Coles Creek culture 1000-1100 AD Late woodland , just when the bow was being introduced. I found one piece of pottery were they had tied a twisted small cord in all directions around it before they fired it. I will be going back to this place some more, they still are going to disk it 2 more times and then row it up and let it lay for the winter. The pottery pile photo is bottom left just plain pieces, above that pieces with design, bottom right rim pieces and I did not keep all that I found in a 3ft sq. hole that was only 1ft deep. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on the new land and nice finds

Top Member Reactions