rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing is just eat up with character! If it could only talk. I love it. Is it a creek find?

yes it is. some have the in situ pic of it. I actually picked it up before the pic then put it back down and took the pic. I was so excited to see it I just grabbed it. There has been some big quartzite points found in that creek but I have never seen a big quartz like that come out. I have the in situ on my phone.

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Man Rock that is a beautiful piece. I am so happy for you. I agree 100% with PainterX. You deserved that one. Lord knows you have put in the time out there. I hope you find many more my friend.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Gator has got me looking for faces in points. Lol! Honest to goodness, your point looks like a cone head when held in the light. The moss outline is the hairline. Lol! I'd say a cone head is pretty much what an arrowhead should look like! Nice find. Is it milky quartz with river patina or a yellow sugar quartz?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer piece Rock.congrats man.

ncnurseryman

Jul 28, 2013
north carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What a find. I bet i wouldn't have seen that it's so well camouflaged. From henceforth and for all time you will be known as the Rock with Eagle Eyes.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What a find. I bet i wouldn't have seen that it's so well camouflaged. From henceforth and for all time you will be known as the Rock with Eagle Eyes.

I actually call my friend eagle eyes, lol due to he can walk a gravel bar in 30 seconds or less. I was first on that one lucky for me or he would of seen it for sure.
Its a yellow sugar quartz. Looks to be made from the same material as my pestle is made from.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gator has got me looking for faces in points. Lol! Honest to goodness, your point looks like a cone head when held in the light. The moss outline is the hairline. Lol! I'd say a cone head is pretty much what an arrowhead should look like! Nice find. Is it milky quartz with river patina or a yellow sugar quartz?

No river patina.....I dont hunt the river here it is highly illegal to pick anything up in our rivers. In the in situ that is creek stain after washing the creek slime off its yellow.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he could have said creek patina he was just referring mineral stain from water I think

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he could have said creek patina he was just referring mineral stain from water I think

Im sure I just wanted to let it be known no river find. I don't even like to take my yak in the river for pleasure. Big rocks in there that you cant see till its to late.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a mighty fine looking quartz point there rock! :icon_thumleft: Very happy for you, and glad you were able to also find some pottery pieces too.

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Rock…that one is massive…makes you wonder what the hell they did with that bad boy…awesome find!

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely beautiful! And congrats on breaking your personal record! So nice that it is whole! Yep creek hunting is a lot more fun than yard work...I can attest to that! ;-)

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely beautiful! And congrats on breaking your personal record! So nice that it is whole! Yep creek hunting is a lot more fun than yard work...I can attest to that! ;-)

Going to be a pretty day tomorrow the kind you could walk a field all day and never get thirsty. But I have to paint my front porch and maybe mow the lawn for the last time for this yr. Do those 2 things then I will be free all winter long.......at least that's the plan anyway.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIG ROCK!! Never seen a quartz that big. I have smaller ones that I found around Clarks Hill and Hartwell lakes, but what makes one a Savannah River point? Tony

Sorry I missed your question. The Savannah is very wide on the blade they are also thick and it is actually a knife instead of a point. I hope this helps.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Savannah River" is a projectile point type name.
Its not describing where it was found in this case Tony.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread