New From Tillys Hill 10 - 31 - 14

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New From Tilly's Hill 10 - 31 - 14

Rain is on the way so my Artifact hunting will slow down and give you guys a rest from my posts lol . If I can get the photos to load these are my finds from the last two trips to Tilly's . IMG_6655.JPG PA291368.JPG PA291375.JPG PA291369.JPG IMG_6667.JPG PA301376.JPG PA301377.JPG PA301379.JPG This camp has blessed me with a frame full this week .

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bead? There must be a lot of quartz crystal where you live at. I find a little bit but nothing like you find. Great hunt man

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice assortment of things- and I especially like the point w/ bead above and coin below! (I never know 'names' especially in regions I don't live in!) Funny how dig/sifters hate the rain- and the rest of us pray for it! HH! Yakker

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bead? There must be a lot of quartz crystal where you live at. I find a little bit but nothing like you find. Great hunt man
rock its a stone bead drilled from both sides and yes there's quartz everywhere . Quartz crystal points are rare to find I found four or five in 35 or so years of hunting this area . And now have over 30 from Tilly's Hill camp over the last couple of seasons . Local collectors said they were one in a thousand .

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice assortment of things- and I especially like the point w/ bead above and coin below! (I never know 'names' especially in regions I don't live in!) Funny how dig/sifters hate the rain- and the rest of us pray for it! HH! Yakker
Thanks that's a Rose Spring made of chalcedony two inches long the type is considered to be one of the first arrow point type in the great basin .

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you dang right quartz and especially the crystal ones you find are rare out left. I t makes me think that your site was very personal, tight knit group who found a source and used it either together...or perhaps these points were made by an individual. or even...the material source site is real close by.....

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rock its a stone bead drilled from both sides and yes there's quartz everywhere . Quartz crystal points are rare to find I found four or five in 35 or so years of hunting this area . And now have over 30 from Tilly's Hill camp over the last couple of seasons . Local collectors said they were one in a thousand .

So do you believe their are 30,000 points for you to find then? You will be digging for many years if those odds are correct. Every single one I have found have been broken. Congrats on finding whole ones.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
your digging these right? how deep and how large an area when you call it "Tilly's hill"? is this a ridge top...view all around etc?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never get tired of looking at yours and everyone else's finds. Keep finding and posting them!

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your digging these right? how deep and how large an area when you call it "Tilly's hill"? is this a ridge top...view all around etc?
Its just a knoll in a large camp with meadows and ridges all the way around like a small hidden valley . Digging and screening a small area at a time I back fill each time and never leave an open hole . we rehab with grass and wildflowers .

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So do you believe their are 30,000 points for you to find then? You will be digging for many years if those odds are correct. Every single one I have found have been broken. Congrats on finding whole ones.
What I think is if they only lost one point a year for the last ten thousand or so years on this camp there's still a few waiting for me . then you can multiply that by the number of people that may have lived here year round .

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the hills and all the ground around your site will produce artifacts and not just on top of the high spots. The stuff in the low spots will be deeper. Great finds and keep on posting:thumbsup:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Its just a knoll in a large camp with meadows and ridges all the way around like a small hidden valley . Digging and screening a small area at a time I back fill each time and never leave an open hole . we rehab with grass and wildflowers .

the reason i ask is that i am familiar with ridges and hill tops in Nevada where the local Indians actually buried points as offerings of some sort and was wondering if you thought this may be the same sort of thing going on at your site. Interesting to me was that the people on the reservation living today were aware of it too...and still pretty protective of anyone messing around up there.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer, thanks for sharing!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread