I found this in Massachusetts 4 years ago

menotomymaps

Jan 23, 2007
U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in Massachusetts 4 years ago.
Today I went out there again and brought it home so I could take some pictures of it.
What is it? It was buried in the ground with a foot of it planted sticking above the soil. It looks to me to be an axe or a war club or maybe it was hafted.
DSCN3433.JPG DSCN3431.JPG DSCN3431.JPG
DSCN1172 (1).JPG DSCN3429.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3428.JPG
    DSCN3428.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see a axe or war club, but 2 things come to mind it was put there to mark the spot for some reason, like something hidden or could be an old land corner marker or something like that. 1 thing for sure it did not grow there:laughing7:I would check that spot a little better.

OP
OP
menotomymaps

menotomymaps

Jan 23, 2007
U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see a axe or war club, but 2 things come to mind it was put there to mark the spot for some reason, like something hidden or could be an old land corner marker or something like that. 1 thing for sure it did not grow there:laughing7:I would check that spot a little better.

It has a ring of small stones around it.
It is about 20 yards behind a stone wall (property boundary which dates to the late 1600s) and is about 10 feet from a huge boulder, the largest boulder in that area, which to me would have been a sufficient property boundary, too.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's not an artifact, based on your photos. I can see the rocks around it in your in-situ photo. It must be marking something, hopefully not a burial.....

OP
OP
menotomymaps

menotomymaps

Jan 23, 2007
U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And thanks for your input, btw.
I also should have said it stuck out the the ground by less than a foot because the whole thing is about 16" long.

here are a couple more pix:
DSCN3429b.JPG DSCN3429c.JPG

DavidGC

Jun 25, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first thought was it looks like a grave marker -- the ring of stones would add to that.
Maybe a pet's final resting place?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread