Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the first evidence or grave goods in a Paleo burial? Paleo burial does not even sound right.

S

stefen

In reality, it may be evidence of a paleo-abortion clinic...

The archeologists amplified into a religious ceremonial feat...

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is this the first evidence or grave goods in a Paleo burial? Paleo burial does not even sound right.

No, this site from Montana is older, Clovis era, and it had grave goods....

Anzick Clovis Site (Montana, USA)

"Buried deeply beneath a talus deposit, the site was likely part of an ancient collapsed rockshelter. Overlying deposits contained a profusion of bison bones, possibly representing a buffalo jump, where animals were stampeded off a cliff and then butchered. The Anzick burial was discovered in 1969 by two construction workers, who collected human remains from two individuals and approximately 90 stone tools, including eight complete fluted Clovis projectile points, 70 large bifaces and at least six complete and partial atlatl foreshafts made from mammal bones. The finders reported that all of the objects were coated in a thick layer of red ocher, a common burial practice for Clovis and other Pleistocene hunter-gatherers."

Another description with grave goods photo....

http://westerndigs.org/genome-of-only-clovis-era-skeleton-reveals-origins-of-native-americans/

And here is another Paleo burial with grave goods from the Horn Shelter site, Texas:

http://www.texasbeyondhistory.net/horn/burials.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 448
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In reality, it may be evidence of a paleo-abortion clinic...

The archeologists amplified into a religious ceremonial feat...

Maybe not. The cremated three year old was buried just above them and at the same time.....

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the links. It is interesting that they used grave goods for infants. Kinda shows they were thinking of an after life and not just a burial with someones favorite tools. I am sure at that time each group had their own beleifs. We learn every day.
I wonder why they are not crediting the two sites you posted?

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Great Grand Parents,(on both sides), were Native American. They always told me that their elders believed that The Great Spirit was their father and the earth was their mother. Really the same thing that the Bible says. When you die your body goes to your mother,earth, and your spirit goes to your father, The Great Spirit. That would explain the tools for the journey in the graves. Just my thoughts. Tony
Thanks for all the links. It is interesting that they used grave goods for infants. Kinda shows they were thinking of an after life and not just a burial with someones favorite tools. I am sure at that time each group had their own beleifs. We learn every day.
I wonder why they are not crediting the two sites you posted?

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent education- links, explanations... really great. Thanks so much! Yakker

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
No, this site from Montana is older, Clovis era, and it had grave goods....

Anzick Clovis Site (Montana, USA)

I had a nice detailed response typed out, but my internet blinked and it was lost... Long and short of the response is that these are probably as old, and perhaps older than Clovis.

The articles that I have seen haven't spelled out the 11,500 BP date yet (calibrated, regular, RCYBP, standard deviation, etc. to know if we are comparing apples to apples) but Anzick dates to 11,040 RCYBP. Depending on what numbers they are using, it's as probably just as old or older than Anzick.

For what it's worth, the points look like Mesa/Sluiceway points. There is a lot of detail on them on Tony Baker's website (ele.net) or on the From Mesa to Monteverde paper on his site.

Joshua

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread