GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just came across this and figured I'd share with the collectors in my area. This fellow has got to go!

Authorities search for man accused of stealing arrowheads

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 3:54 PM EST

• Colquitt County investigators need your helping tracking down a man they believe stole thousands of dollars worth of arrowheads.

Authorities say 26 year-old Jamie Prosser stole $10,000 worth of Indian artifacts from a home in Norman Park last month.

Investigators say a man contacted authorities, saying Prosser tried to sell him the stolen arrowheads.

"I've never encountered a theft like this. But because it being rare, I think that's why the public decided to notify us when somebody was trying to pass them," said Lt. Shawn Bostick with the Colquitt County Sheriff's Office.

A large number of the arrowheads have been recovered.

Prosser is charged with theft. If you have any information about his whereabouts, call the Colquitt County Sheriff's Office.

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they recover all of them I doubt it but I really hope they get every single one back.
That guy probably would have stole anything of value to pay for whatever habit he has.... Pitiful and sad if he doesn't pay for it now he'll pay for it later

OP
OP
GaRebel1861

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are in our area, please feel free to pass this to everyone you know. Somebody out there knows this fellow. I agree Gator. Slim chance the collector will ever get everything back.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Judging this book by it's cover, I'd say the police know this cat on a first name basis. I hope this story has a good ending.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched this on the evening news and it is a reminder that people are out there actively searching for collections to steal. Someone north of me was ripped off a few months ago and they took some of his kids photos and I hope they catch this thief as well. Hope they catch him and put him where he belongs, in the slammer.

OP
OP
GaRebel1861

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was Sandchip and I sent him a text as soon as I saw this on the news' website.

OP
OP
GaRebel1861

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gator, I was replying to Fongu that Sandchip was the one that had his points and pictures stolen somewhat recently . I contacted Sandchip to see if the person pictured was perhaps someone he knows. Sandchip is a squared away person whom I've met.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't imagine the average thief being able to dispose of a collection. Obviously not! Busted! To bad the home owner did not catch them in the act! I agree most collections are targeted But remember thief's make great targets too!:icon_thumright:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gator, I was replying to Fongu that Sandchip was the one that had his points and pictures stolen somewhat recently . I contacted Sandchip to see if the person pictured was perhaps someone he knows. Sandchip is a squared away person whom I've met.

10-4 thank you

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure am glad I don't have to worry about anyone stealing my collection! I keep both of my points in separate locations!:laughing7: He will be caught sooner or later and probably sooner!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I bet if this sorry cuss can't find a buyer, he will destroy the collection. Crap happens... It sucks. I just hope the artifacts do not get destroyed, leaving history to take the total loss.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been quite a few years ago that a huge collection was stolen from someone in Alapaha, Ga (spelled wrong) and it was 4-5 times more valuable money wise than this. If I have a broken point and someone steals it, they're off the Christmas card list and subject to a PLB. (Parking Lot Beating) It's sad that crooks like this who can't sell what they steal often destroy it or throw it away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread