DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
008.JPG 010.JPG Went to my old Archaic site and walked around for a few hours this evening.I wanted to hit the place one last time before gun season comes in.I wasn't finding nothing on the main hill but the usual debris, so I went to the next hilltop over to give it another shot and found what looks to be a Adena point, then a broken piece that looks like it might have been the same kind of point.It's just a little breath of fresh air after not finding anything for so long.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice and that's how it goes sometimes. I walked in the bitter cold and wind yesterday for 5 hours and saw nothing but flakes. Yours might be a round base Morrow Mountain. Always nice to find a whole one made from quartz here. Most are broken

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice and that's how it goes sometimes. I walked in the bitter cold and wind yesterday for 5 hours and saw nothing but flakes. Yours might be a round base Morrow Mountain. Always nice to find a whole one made from quartz here. Most are broken
Thanks for the i.d,I think your right.Definately takes allot of patience to hunt them, thats for sure,but the rewards when they come long make up for it all.Been far few and in between for me.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need a good rain to wash some leaves and mud then it will be game on for me.
I have found most quartz points in my area are 99% of the time the MMountain types. I hardly find any woodland period made from quartz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions