Maybe coming out of my dry spell

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it got pretty cold here in the western NC foothills but the sun was out, I put on 2 pairs of boot socks and rubber boots, got the garden rake and went upstream and not disappointed in my finds for today. Scratched around in a sand pebble bar in a bend and found all of these shards there. The orange one is different than what I usually find and thinking it is a contact period shard. The rock on the bottom left is a dang it...saw it in the water and thought it was a little point but it's not and the quartz is worked but probably broken off something bigger and I'll probably toss the both of them in the rock garden, just posting them to show how easy one can be fooled by nature.

I'm very happy to have the shards and thanked creek spirit for the gifts as always :heart:

WP_20141115_005.jpg WP_20141115_004.jpg

Upvote 0

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NCPeaches..........We here in NC haven't had a "gullywasher" rain since about May (at least in my area). Still waiting for it to change the creeks and make the fields "lookable". It is coming. I'm just glad I'm able to get out there and look.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NCPeaches..........We here in NC haven't had a "gullywasher" rain since about May (at least in my area). Still waiting for it to change the creeks and make the fields "lookable". It is coming. I'm just glad I'm able to get out there and look.

It's been a few weeks since that last gullywasher rain here and now I'm raking/sifting thru the sand and pebble bars that were formed from it. Try raking a bit in your creek on the bends. Today looks to be a bit warmer here but rain later this afternoon/evening so I'm going back to my spot I was in and move a bit more. Also, rake in the edge of the banks where there's grass, sometimes shards get caught there. Good luck! HH

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a few weeks since that last gullywasher rain here and now I'm raking/sifting thru the sand and pebble bars that were formed from it. Try raking a bit in your creek on the bends. Today looks to be a bit warmer here but rain later this afternoon/evening so I'm going back to my spot I was in and move a bit more. Also, rake in the edge of the banks where there's grass, sometimes shards get caught there. Good luck! HH

Thanks..........I appreciate all tips!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you found some pieces. I was going to take my leaf rack tomorrow to remove leaves but its raining now and we might get it hard tonight. I can hope anyway. The creek is very low and the fields are full of weeds.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found 2 more a little bit upstream from this spot...one was laying on the edge of the water with the inside up...I thought it was a piece of glass and left it then a few minutes later picked it up to take back and toss and realized it was a shard lol I think I found a Savannah River in smoky quartz but tip is broke and the base is curved...maybe a knife or something or might just be a rock.

WP_20141116_001.jpg WP_20141116_002.jpg

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of those dangits. Get me every time. It is a worse word if they are broken in half stem pointing up and tip missing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions