Points From My Oldest Frame

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
This was done for another Indian artifice website so I decided to post it here. I'm going to show some points that I have in my oldest frame. All but 2 of these were found by me on a dirt road on my grandfather's farm over 50 years ago in Burke County, Ga.

This is the first point I ever found.

This is probably my favorite point.

This one was found at Young Harris College by my grandfather when he was digging for fish bait. He was a student there in 1914 and 1915. If means a lot to me.

This one was found on a boy scout camping trip in Candler County, GA.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You been out lately? Raining here I hope it comes down hard tonight. You got a lot of points that's for sure. Nice ones to.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see you put together a post like this.
With the amount of land you have looked and miles you've put in.. Not to mention the sheer number of nice artifacts I've seen from you... Seeing a new photo of the first point you ever found and some of your favorites means a lot great post thank you for sharing

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
You been out lately? Raining here I hope it comes down hard tonight. You got a lot of points that's for sure. Nice ones to.

We have not had rain in a long time. I have some fields that I am dying to hunt. We are supposed to have rain tomorrow. I hope it rains bucketfuls.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have not had rain in a long time. I have some fields that I am dying to hunt. We are supposed to have rain tomorrow. I hope it rains bucketfuls.

Some beauties there! Still waiting for rain here in NC. For the year, we have a 7.5" rainfall deficit. My fields that I have permission to search were plowed several weeks ago for the most part.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some very nice points. I can see why your favorite is your favorite!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We ended up with 2.5 inches of rain......yeah. I saw on radar you might of gotten more.

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
We ended up with 2.5 inches of rain......yeah. I saw on radar you might of gotten more.

We got 1.5 inches at my house, but when I went to some land 20 miles from home, they had gotten very little. I did find 3 nice ones which I will past tomorrow. One of them is what I call a killer!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some really exceptionally nice points! :icon_thumleft: I bet that the point from your Grandfather brings back fond memories that you both shared.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got 1.5 inches at my house, but when I went to some land 20 miles from home, they had gotten very little. I did find 3 nice ones which I will past tomorrow. One of them is what I call a killer!

I can hardly wait to see it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread