Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally invested in a pair of Herter's waterproof snake boots

001.JPG I have wanted a pair for awhile now,mostly for creek hunting so I don't have to go around the water, and maybe catch some pieces that would elude me otherwise .I really couldn't afford them right now, but they where the cheapest pair I saw, I caught them on sale for $100.00. I just couldn't help myself!Man I didn't realize how high dollar most of them are.Now all I have to do is wait until I can use them.They will come in handy if we get some heavy snow this year anyway ,so maybe I can break them in that way.That is the excuse I was telling myself while deciding whether to buy them or not:).HH and thanks for looking.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here if you cant run a motor boat on the water way it is considered a creek. The creeks are deep for the most part but do have some shallow sections so they are creeks but yeah like little rivers. Current is the key. I cant hunt the creek rite now to many hunters out there this year. I will have to wait till after gun season.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well when you see a squatch you'll regret having those clunky boots on!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
actually I have started a squatch rescue reserve

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here if you cant run a motor boat on the water way it is considered a creek. The creeks are deep for the most part but do have some shallow sections so they are creeks but yeah like little rivers. Current is the key. I cant hunt the creek rite now to many hunters out there this year. I will have to wait till after gun season.
The "big" creeks' around here are wide, but not usually very deep,They run into the small rivers that someone could get a canoe down anyway,possibly a trollin motor if it wasn't for all the stumps and sticks and bars. but the small rivers around here are mostly mud/sand bottom,not to good for hunting. I would say they are probably about 5/6 feet deep in places.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually I have started a squatch rescue reserve
If there was one out there, I bet he could show someone some good places to hunt living on the terrain and all.I like your avatar,Steve martin is one smooth white boy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread