A couple things found on a new site yesterday

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a few things from a site we walked for the 1st time yesterday. We found just enough to indicate that there should be plenty more there once the winter rains, snows and frost heaves weather the soil down better. HH

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Upvote 0

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey redbeard!! CONGRATS!! Really nice finds!! Thanks for sharing!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice. Your new site looks very promising. Love that big jasper knife/scraper preform thing, I think its jasper. Nice handful of artifacts, thanks for the view.

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Congratulations on picking up a new site. I hope you find a lot more that you can share with us.

OP
OP
R

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't be able to stay away from that spot! Those are awesome!

Thanks everyone. I would have liked to have stayed there and looked some more, but the turned ground had not received much rain on it, and we had a few more sites we wanted to check out in a limited amount of time. While I was fortunate enough to pick up these 5 things there, my hunting buddy only found about 1/5th of an axe, part of the groove and poll end. Our luck evened out at the next site, where he found 5 points, and all I found was a utilized flake. I was happy that he was able to catch up, as my day had already been made. HH

OP
OP
R

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice. Your new site looks very promising. Love that big jasper knife/scraper preform thing, I think its jasper. Nice handful of artifacts, thanks for the view.
Thanks Viking, I am thinking it is a knife/blade as well, probably intact but kinda crude.. It looks to me to be the veined and mottled jasper that occurs in outcrops in northern Delaware and southeast PA, whereas I think the other jasper scrapers shown are sourced from the small cobbles or pebbles found locally.

OP
OP
R

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a killer duckbill boss !!!!

Thanks Painterx7, those little duckbill or thumbnail scrapers are probably one of the most common artifacts we find here locally, and seem to show up mostly around our mid archaic sites, although it is hard to tell because most of our sites are multi component. I don't know if they are common because it was a common tool type, or if it is a result of them just being small, and possibly overlooked by the arrowhead hunters back in the day when nice points were plentiful?

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Painterx7, those little duckbill or thumbnail scrapers are probably one of the most common artifacts we find here locally, and seem to show up mostly around our mid archaic sites, although it is hard to tell because most of our sites are multi component. I don't know if they are common because it was a common tool type, or if it is a result of them just being small, and possibly overlooked by the arrowhead hunters back in the day when nice points were plentiful?
Prob so I love finding those heck I like finding flakes then I know I'm in the right spot . I think we would all b surprised at pieces we've tossed back because the dirt is stuck on like mud and we couldn't see fine work .

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great grouping of autumn colors!

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds:thumbsup:That stone looks like some of the creek chert we have in South ms., it all came from up that way a long time ago.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunt. Makes my mouth water, lol

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Red-- you got a 'red'!- you devil you!!! You had a GREAT freaking day my man! Man-o-man I miss those pretty colors...sigh. But how COOL that you now have a new site to walk. Keep your eyes peeled-you got an awesome new spot! Congrats buddy- and Happy Thanksgiving ;) Yakker

OP
OP
R

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Red-- you got a 'red'!- you devil you!!! You had a GREAT freaking day my man! Man-o-man I miss those pretty colors...sigh. But how COOL that you now have a new site to walk. Keep your eyes peeled-you got an awesome new spot! Congrats buddy- and Happy Thanksgiving ;) Yakker

Lol, Thank you Yak. I am certainly itching to get back there, as we did not walk it all, and there is most likely more items exposed and waiting to be found. We probably won't go back again though until February, unless we get a real gully washer. Happy Thanksgiving and HH to you as well. Red,

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice pieces.Looks like you have allot to look forward to there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions