Quartz point but a little bit of a heartbreaker cause the tip is broke off

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a in situ pic this time but it didn't turn out that good. I've done a little research but the only type I can find that is close is a Gypsy Stemmed so if anyone has any idea about the type please share your thoughts. Thanks!

WP_20141125_002.jpg
WP_20141125_006.jpg
WP_20141125_008.jpg

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! Looks like you found a little Morrow Mountain

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice point find. Most of the quartz points I find are MM. There is a few different types of MM found in my area.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little find there! And good eye- seriously. Now that I'm in Virginia, I'm bending and stooping more than I care to admit- cause every piece of quartz is suspect! And man... there so much quartz. HH! Yak

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little find there! And good eye- seriously. Now that I'm in Virginia, I'm bending and stooping more than I care to admit- cause every piece of quartz is suspect! And man... there so much quartz. HH! Yak

I know exactly what you mean and some spots there's more than others! I pick them all up and almost every one looks like something. This one was a real nice surprise! There's a lot of smoky quartz too and it's so pretty I'm hoping to find one made of it.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find NCPeaches. We are finally starting to have some good rains here and maybe soon we will have a 3"-4" rain that will really change the creek beds and wash away the leaves.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find NCPeaches. We are finally starting to have some good rains here and maybe soon we will have a 3"-4" rain that will really change the creek beds and wash away the leaves.

If it's raining as hard there as here it will move those leaves for ya, problem is it "stacks" them up in spots but if you put on some waterproof gloves you can move those stacks out of the way. Good luck and HH!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a little bit of a heartbreaker, but a good find none the less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions