sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This LaFayette isn't a recent find, but one I posted on another site in a point type thread. Zilch response, so maybe youse guys can appreciate it. If not, maybe I just need to face the grim realization that my collection SUX! ;D

lafayette2.JPG
lafayette3.JPG
lafayette4.JPG

Upvote 0

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
That is AWESOME Sandchip ! Everything from the material, to the style, to the workmanship is exceptional. Amazing how the needle tip and long barbs stayed intact, especially the exaggerated one on the left side. If those Lafayette's are dart points (?), once penetrated into flesh, they certainly could not have been extracted without massive damage to the victim. Is that a creek find that survived the ravages of floods, or afield find that survived the ravages of plows? HH

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in GA? NICE little point there- and Concord indeed- like that last pic. ;) Thanks for the peek-- Yakker

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that piece has some killer barbs on it,nice color and looks nice and thin for its size.It would be at the tip top of my collection that is for sure.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay off that other site if they didn't like that one. The darn ears are always broken off on the ones I find which isn't many. What a beauty

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Is that a creek find that survived the ravages of floods, or a field find that survived the ravages of plows?

Crick find, and thanks everybody for the favorable reviews! Found this Cowhouse about 10 minutes earlier and maybe 50 feet away. One of those days that doesn't come along nearly often enough.

cow3.JPG
trans2.JPG

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you show them that one? Some amazing flaking on that beast.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're both nice but that Cowhouse is a beauty!.. it's nice to see something described as a Cowhouse slough that isn't actually a preform

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, man. I like those triple thinning strikes across the base, one of the diagnostics of a CS.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Smokes! That Cowhouse is a beauty! I've never actually heard of that style before. Learn something new every day! Yakker

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a thing of beauty! It makes you wonder how someone could make something like that and then use it, knowing it very likely would shatter if it misses it's target. The other forum probably had no sense of history or respect for it.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I just had to show 'em to some folks with class.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread