Finding value of Obsidian Indian blade that I found

Melissa Archibald

Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am reading the history behind the Obsidian blade from the Indians that I found and the history is amazing just in itself that this blade is valued so highly they would not let anyone see it or know they have it even. I am now wondering just how valuable is this stone and should I even speak of it anymore that I have it? I mean if the Indians valued it that highly maybe I should do the same. I think I'll bring it to the U of A hand have them look at next week.

001.jpg 002.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Melissa Archibald

Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The blade on it is very sharp, thank you for the welcome.

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
depending on the area obsidian can be the most common material and not at all special of significant. I think perhaps you are putting too much significance into whatever it was that you read. Native Americans were just like you and me, which is to say...just people.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Melissa, what you have there is just a common Flake Tool. Nothing really all that special about them. They were produced by the thousands and most were just waste Tools that may have been used once and then discarded. Some though were very nice and kept as part of a Tool Kit. No real value to it other than the fact you found it so cherish it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions