rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found another nutting stone but it doesn't look very used. They must of found a better one and then tossed this one or it just didn't work as for what they wanted. 1st time Ive been out in 3 weeks or so it felt good to get out. I put one of my other grinders next to it for an example. Both are the same type of creek cobble. 1 was found in a field and the newest one in the creek today. HH, rock

Attachments

• SDC11609.JPG
    SDC11609.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • SDC11611.JPG
    SDC11611.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • SDC11612.JPG
    SDC11612.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 112
Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good that you got to get out and hope it was warmer there than here! Cool that you found another nutting stone, the tools are nice to have. Hope you have a great evening!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find,I always have my eye open for them,"well everything' with no luck yet.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good that you got to get out and hope it was warmer there than here! Cool that you found another nutting stone, the tools are nice to have. Hope you have a great evening!

No it was cold. Walked down the hill then turned around to get my 2nd jacket. 2 jackets were better than the one. Wind cuts rite through ya.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find,I always have my eye open for them,"well everything' with no luck yet.

For some reason in that area all of the grinders and nutting stones were square. Out west they are always round. Just me but I would guess these might of been used for starting fires with. Maybe the bow drill way. I don't see them using it to crack nuts on. One side shows some grinding and the other shows the drilled look. 2 ends look battered so maybe used as a hammer also. The type of material is Quartzite Sandstone its very dense and heavy for its size. Both are made from the same type which the cortex is red.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks used to me nice piece !!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions