Found Four or Five Years Ago

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauties!
What on earth type of material is that grey slate looking one?
Also that second one wow it almost looks like coral... Great points with some great looking patina.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice points. Thanks for the view

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What amazes me is the quality and variety of the points you have found. My hat is off to you!

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Beauties!
What on earth type of material is that grey slate looking one?
Also that second one wow it almost looks like coral... Great points with some great looking patina.

The two you asked about are not made out of south Georgia material. When I found the second one, it was partially covered by soil and it looked like a piece of tin. I took the gray one in to the Geology Department at the university and the geologist said it was crystalized slate. He said he had seen material like it in north Georgia. They were both found in a field that I no longer have permission to hunt. It was a very good field and I miss hunting it. I have picked up a field that is adjacent to it that has good artifacts, but someone else looks it also and I usually only find footprints.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the footprints really I am ...thank you for answering... those are a couple of the most interesting pieces of material I've seen in a while.

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice indeed! I've never seen one like the gray one. Footprints are no fun to find either! Thanks for sharing!

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking that second pic was that Tallahatta Quartz I have seen pics of…I've never seen it in person though...either way it is a beauty…they all are...

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Americus,:thumbsup: The second pic. looks a lot like material I find here.I call it rhyolite as a lot of what I find here is different forms of it.Here some pics. below of some of mine. That makes me think of yours.

Attachments

• DSCN3095.JPG
    DSCN3095.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • DSCN3100.JPG
    DSCN3100.JPG
    936.9 KB · Views: 71

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#5 looks like the creek material I have here which are big boulders they look grey with blue wavy streaks in them all. I haven't found much of it worked though.

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nasty points right there, good finds, thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread