Does anyone out there know what this thing is ?!

Firedancintracy

Dec 10, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help and tell me what this thing is!! No one has been able to identify it!
This is the strangest little thing I have ever seen. My friend gave me this years ago, he dug it up on his family's settlement approximately around 40 years ago. It is about 2 1/2" long and it appears to have been "tatooed" as the ink designs are not lying on the surface. It is solid on one end and one tiny deliberate hole on the other. As you can see it also has designs carved into it. Any help in enlightining me on what this is, and what it was used for would be greatly appreciated!!:hello2: IMG_6032.JPG IMG_6033.JPG IMG_6034.JPG IMG_6035.JPG IMG_6036.JPG IMG_6037.JPG IMG_6038.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Firedancintracy

Dec 10, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it's bone, it feels like maybe coral or something like that. It does have more of an organic feel to it, kind of like an orange peel feel.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a incense burner to me or something that lets scents out.

OP
OP
F

Firedancintracy

Dec 10, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bisque, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for your input, it gives me a few directions to look in.

OP
OP
F

Firedancintracy

Dec 10, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long shot here,,,,but can you blow in the hole? Will it whistle? Just a thought
Yeah I thought an Ocarina or something like that, but I can't seem to make it make any sort of musical sound at all. It just sounds like what blowing on a capped object would sound like, if that makes any sense. Then again I can't play the guitar or drums either and they are still instruments Lol! Thanks for the input!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread