The Cordage Jag

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Here is the better pieces the top half is mostly rim ,the squaw got me the copper on her Utah vac. This frame has a piece or two from each camp it took some years to almost fill it.There is alot of cultures here some thick thin color and in material most appears stone grit tempered no shell that I have seen.Just finding pottery is tough ag chemicals seem to break it down the bluish piece on the left is what happens after a nitrogen app for example that's not native paint it does bleach out after some rains.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep pottery myself. I only keep the types now that I don't have yet. If I find a big piece I will still bring it home. Nice frame. If you would like to see my frame I will post it for you on your thread here. We have many different designs and colors.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pottery! I always pick up what I see. I love comparing the tempering material and the different impressions and patterns ;) Thanks for the show- Yakker

OP
OP
iowa trout

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Rock you asked of fingerprints on my other post honestly this post is for you ,You guys down south really can produce the pottery I like it here but wow on your creeks that you hunt,then there is that one girl who still has paint on her finds wow. Glad to share when I can ,Thank-you for the kind words .

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my frame. The center piece is called an adornment. Its a pottery face I won an award on it at the last show I went to. Single photo is very flat I believe it is part of a pottery plate.

Attachments

• SDC11715.JPG
    SDC11715.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • SDC11717.JPG
    SDC11717.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 70

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread