Conch Shell Horn & Shell Bracelet

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, Check out this conch shell horn and shell bracelet. Twenty three years ago, my mom had a stroke and we were in a mad rush from Virginia to Michigan. At Riply, West Virginia, I needed a break so we stopped to walk around a flea market. This horn was sitting on a table full of junk. I grabbed it, asked how much and paid him the 1$ that he asked. THEN, I asked the seller if he had any Indian Relics. He said no but that they had been at an auction the week before that had several cases of relics that sold for big money. Then I asked him where the horn came from and he said that he bought it in a junk box lot at that auction. After I cleaned the dirt out, it sounds great. I think that the two small holes were for a strap. The shell bracelet came from a friend in southern Ohio several years ago. I hope that I am not posting too much stuff. There are boxes and boxes of relics here to show off if ya'll want to see them.

Attachments

• IMG_1948.JPG
    IMG_1948.JPG
    936.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1955.JPG
    IMG_1955.JPG
    947.6 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might not always comment on every thread but always enjoy looking at artifacts. Keep them rolling.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep 'em coming- it's COLD outside :o

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odd i know where that flea market is in Ripley WV been there many of times my family owns a farm just miles from that flea on new stone ridge road..Nice artifacts.

Cosmo

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff Steve when my mom got sick all I found was agony and misery lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread