Bluedevil65

Greenie
Jan 12, 2015
South MS
Detector(s) used
luck
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am new to this forum. Actually new to any forum. I have been artifact hunting for about 1 1/2yrs now, mainly on the farm that I grew up on and live on. I have found some decent points, at least I think so for this area of south Mississippi. I was wondering what some of you, more experienced hunters thought of my finds. Look forward to any response and advice you may have.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 175
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I asked is due to a book I read saying most camp sites faced the east and west for the purpose of the sun. I find camp sites in every direction even on hills. No certain direction that I can tell just as long as there was water close by. Thanks

OP
OP
B

Bluedevil65

Greenie
Jan 12, 2015
South MS
Detector(s) used
luck
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The reason I asked is due to a book I read saying most camp sites faced the east and west for the purpose of the sun. I find camp sites in every direction even on hills. No certain direction that I can tell just as long as there was water close by. Thanks

Rock, my opinion is that during that time most of the southeast was old growth timber with a huge canopy. It would have taken a lot of work to clear enough timber to take advantage of a rising sun. I think every site has its own layout depending on acsess to good water and dry camp area. In my area it seems that they preferred a sandy topsoil over a more clay area to camp. I'm just a beginner with an opinion. I have found material in 4 different places within a mile of my house and every site is on ridges facing different directions. That perception may be true in more open country. Just my two cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions