Bluedevil65

Greenie
Jan 12, 2015
South MS
Detector(s) used
luck
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for your replies. I am sorry for starting another thread but I can't figure out how to add more pics to original thread from iPhone. Help!...... These are a few more pics. The area is in two parts about 1 acre in total that I plowed up. One on each side of a live spring that my grandmother washed cloths in before running water and electricity. I have found a lot of points but most are broken in some fashion. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are beautiful too and I'm a big fan of pottery! You are lucky to have the land to look for stuff whenever you want and I'm sure there is much more there. I have the same thing in my creek and love it. Do you know what tribes occupied your area?

OP
OP
B

Bluedevil65

Greenie
Jan 12, 2015
South MS
Detector(s) used
luck
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are beautiful too and I'm a big fan of pottery! You are lucky to have the land to look for stuff whenever you want and I'm sure there is much more there. I have the same thing in my creek and love it. Do you know what tribes occupied your area?

Yes I am lucky. The artifacts mean a lot more to me coming off this land. The latest tribe was Choctaw I believe.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I am lucky. The artifacts mean a lot more to me coming off this land. The latest tribe was Choctaw I believe.

I know how you feel. My land is not family farm land but I've lived here 22 years. It will be 2 years this March when we discovered the first shard while cleaning up the creek and it changed my world and the view I now have of where I live. There are documented sites on the other side of the county but not where I live and I have gotten some info from the archeologists on my site. It's an experience of a lifetime the way I see it lol

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I haven't found any pottery here with that type of designs. I do believe all of your finds look to be Woodland Period. How deep is that spring and does it empty into a creek?

OP
OP
B

Bluedevil65

Greenie
Jan 12, 2015
South MS
Detector(s) used
luck
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. I haven't found any pottery here with that type of designs. I do believe all of your finds look to be Woodland Period. How deep is that spring and does it empty into a creek?
The spring is about a 2 feet wide and 2 inch deep steam that originates on the property and flows about 3-400yards into a creek that has a channel of 60-80 ft wide. I think I have just scratched the surface.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look where the spring empties into the larger one should be a camp site near that section. If the water ever gets low enough in the larger waterway you might want to check the gravel bars. Sure is fun to look. Just be prepared to have some dog days when looking in the creek but after every rain something new should washout.

OP
OP
B

Bluedevil65

Greenie
Jan 12, 2015
South MS
Detector(s) used
luck
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look where the spring empties into the larger one should be a camp site near that section. If the water ever gets low enough in the larger waterway you might want to check the gravel bars. Sure is fun to look. Just be prepared to have some dog days when looking in the creek but after every rain something new should washout.
The area next to creek floods several times a year and is owned by neighbor.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Become best friends with that neighbor! and good luck w/ all of it ;) Yakker

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Become best friends with that neighbor! and good luck w/ all of it ;) Yakker

yep! the creek I hunt in runs upstream around my neighbor's property and when I first started finding stuff I decided to go up that way just to see if there was anything, well my son had to clear a bunch of debris but there were shards so I picked them up and took them to her to see what she thought, well, she almost gave me a heart attack picking them up and literally throwing them back in my bucket and brushing off what I thought was mind blowing. Then she says "so your son is clearing out the brush? yes you can look all you want and it will keep it from over flowing when it rains hard". That creek is so far down in a big ditch it has never over flowed but who am I to argue with someone older and wiser than myself. She even said I could walk around in her garden spot but I haven't done that yet. So yes! make friends with your neighbor, most people don't want to take the time and do the work it takes to find the artifacts. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions