Known Indian camp in Tennessee

outdoorsup

May 9, 2004
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900, Garrett Ace 250
When I was a kid I worked on a farm for a gentleman that had a known indian camp site on his land. One of the colleges, MTSU or TEN Tech. I believe used to do field trips to his place for research. It was not uncommon to find strangers in his tobacco field picking up arrowheads and such. It was this reason that he stopped plowing this section of land and as far as I know it has not been searched for atleast 20 years.

The old farmer has long since past and his land has been sold a few different times. The camp was along a small creek that ran all year and had several caves in the area including one with a spring. The new owners of the property are not open to strangers on their land, however; they do not own the creek or the creekbed.

Since the creek is navigatable by way of a boat I'm considering checking out this creekbed. Any advice on researching this area, searchig this area or anything else? The area is in Smith County if anyone in this area is interested in searching it perhaps we can meet and plan a trip. I have a boat and a canoe that can be used, and the fshing is pretty good as well.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread