IMG_2740.JPG

Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your display of pottery! I have a question about how they are found. Since I creek hunt I'm curious if the river was shallow or did you find them on the banks and sand bars. I might just have to take a river walk next time I'm near it :wink:

OP
OP
M

Mrtodd

Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I find most of it on the bars and banks in between the fluctuations of the water levels. It seems that the shards are placed on top of bars do to the lightness of it?? I have found a bunch of it and some rocks....wish I could find more rocks!

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool frames,,,,now for the dumb question. How do you get the pottery to stay where you put it when you hang the frame up?? What holds it in place? I found a midden in Georgetown county that was so big it was an island, but attached to the mainland. The shore was littered with pottery. I dug and collected probably 50lbs. of pieces. That was just 8inches deep in a very small area. Some decorated, some not. but all of it is decaying. Its below the high tide mark (one area) and it sits in damp soil constantly. Never found a rock or a flake or tool of any kind. If interested I`ll pm the area for you to check out. I hate that its going to waste.

OP
OP
M

Mrtodd

Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. My girlfriend made them and honestly, I am not sure what she used to hold the pieces in place. Some type of light non-damaging adhesive...I'll have to ask her. I'd be happy to check out that spot for you

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I`m not sure where you are, but do you know the Murrells Inlet area very well? Just need an idea so I can give you directions.

OP
OP
M

Mrtodd

Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes somewhat... I'm in Columbia. Again lol my girlfriend is familiar with murrells inlet more than I am.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...now for the dumb question. How do you get the pottery to stay where you put it when you hang the frame up? What holds it in place?...

Ain't no dumb question. Most cases use a layer of foam. When closed, the glass gently pushes the artifacts into the foam, holding them in place.

I see what looks like a man (upside down) incised into the piece in the upper right corner.

OP
OP
M

Mrtodd

Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The piece in the corner is actually stone but the engraving is interesting... Thought it may be imprint or fossil or something??? Not sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread