Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet. Looks like you've got enough room to hunt.:icon_thumleft: It's nice to hunt on your on place. Tony

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
how much of what is see in the background is BLM? your place is a dream come true.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNET!
Really enjoyed your video. I can relate to the type of area that you hunt. I normally hunt the same type of scattered sagebrush hills on private property. You may find more complete points and artifacts back and above between the canyons where you were walking. The past hunters most likely would have hunted game higher up into the tree line and rocky plateaus. Check the saddles between the draws also. This would be where game would cross and would be ideal spots to ambush game. They sometimes also camped in these areas if there was protection from the weather. Also as the rocks in and around the possible pit houses, they may have been used in holding down animal skins used in the roofs of their dwellings.

Last edited:

dlos

Jul 12, 2011
Welcome JC, interesting video, awesome land and opportunity for you there! Would love to see some pictures of what you and your friends have found so far, especially the one the "kid" picked up.

One thing I think you should figure out for your area is what materials were commonly used to manufacture blades, arrow points and other tools. The AACA website lists the following lithics as most common in your region:

-Agate
-Basalt
-Chalcedony
-Dacite
-Franciscan

Will be watching and hoping you post your finds, thanks!
-Ignumbite
-Obsidian
-Pertrified Wood

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great vid just one thing i could add when digging use a sifting screen on a tripod, good luck.

OP
OP
J

JC1

Jan 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great vid just one thing i could add when digging use a sifting screen on a tripod, good luck.

I built a sifting screen just the other day. I gotta get it out and see how it works.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool vid. and amazing land! Just incredible country you have there. We'll be waiting for the thaw :thumbsup: Yakker

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look forward to seeing what you find. I would love to find anything made out of obsidian.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions