rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you found some of the bases. Everything I found yesterday was tips and middles. I left most of it.

OP
OP
J

JC1

Jan 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you found some of the bases. Everything I found yesterday was tips and middles. I left most of it.

I'm getting better at not bringing home every little piece I think is something. I used to come home with pockets full of stuff.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give the almost pieces to my neighbor then he gives them to his boy. He likes them that way they don't go to waist.

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tends to be my luck as well. I have some heart breakers coming from the plowed fields, that's just how it goes sometimes. Seems like I have had more days like that than bringing home 7-8 good ones at a time. Usually it's 5-6 pieces and occasionally a good one. But hey. I keep walking and looking!

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad... but oddly, I like the brokes as much as the whole ones- at least for myself. Not much fun to show off brokes... But when I find a broken point, I imagine... finding the other part...how it was broken... and I study the knap marks. There's a lot to tell from a broken bit, tho not nearly as satisfying as a whole one, surely. If we were archaeologists, we'd still be cheering ;) The point is (eh- pun okay) brokes tell tales as well as whole points- or close. 'Course the bases are a little better on those lines... unless you know how to read the knap marks.
Maybe I'm just trying to justify the relevance of all the broken ones I've brought home and kept... ;) Yakker

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
no way i can just leave a broke just SITTING there!

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont mind broken pieces either... Tips and points can sometimes be put back together. Ive put together a dovetail in ohio, and another dovetail in kentucky. Both are still missing tips though... But the fields they come out of are friends of mine and no one else looks in them as they are not full of flakes and points everywhere maybe someday those tips will show themselves too!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread