Drilled Pebble

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this pebble on the same site as the bead I posted yesterday. I believe it's man made due to the somewhat sharp outer edge. Any thoughts on its use? 100_0945.JPG 100_0944.JPG

Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
It is an Omarolluk.

google it if you don't believe me. It is a completely natural rock.

OP
OP
Kevin in IN

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is an Omarolluk.

google it if you don't believe me. It is a completely natural rock.
Checked it out, that appears to be what it is. Thank you.

mission

Aug 7, 2013
iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if it was naturally formed being found on a known site points to you not being the first to find it. A rock like that would have several uses, i have one that is also made by nature but context says it didnt just happen to be there, making it a artifact to me.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Even if it was naturally formed being found on a known site points to you not being the first to find it. A rock like that would have several uses, i have one that is also made by nature but context says it didnt just happen to be there, making it a artifact to me.

Use wear will be obvious if an Omar has been used. I have found many on site's, but only one (and one with several natural holes minds you) has been used. And the one with several natural holes only has one hole that appears to have been used, and it is very obvious. I will see if I can dig up a picture.

Lots of unused holes on this side, but flip it over and we have one that has been well used.

DSCN3315.JPG DSCN3314.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kevin in IN

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they were alot like us. How many tools and other junk items do I keep around and never use, but I have em just in case. Thanks for the pics.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one that was obviously used with a bow drill from the black char in the hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread