Killer weekend !!!

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The floods brought some nice pieces wish every weekend was like this any thoughts on the big one are welcome. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425342793.716741.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425342823.332669.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425342852.102022.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425342871.121510.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425342898.023861.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425342938.094076.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425342957.928969.jpg

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to say what it was going to be, they had started working it down on one side, but the other side is still in a perform state. If it had been used as a axe or a hoe it would have some use sign and JMO the creek would not remove that, since it made from such a hard stone. That flood did some good for you keep looking, you are going to find something out of sight I have a feeling soon. We got our flood yesterday, so it will change the dynamics of all the creeks and fields. Like I said not sure what your find is but it has some real nice flaking, almost Paleo style on one side. It's a super find and will look great in your collection.:notworthy:Keep on keeping on, love to see your finds and thanks for posting. HH

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !!!!

I have NEVER,,, and I mean NEVER have seen tools and points that size?

Can I ask what state these are found in?
Fully understand if you wish not to reply.

The stuff I have found like that is no where near that size,,,or quality for that matter.

Simply beautiful man,,,
Thanks for sharing

Hit

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Hoe Hoe Hoe. I think its a nice Hoe in case you didn't catch that. Man you killed it didn't you? That 1st one is sweet to.

That's what I was thinking too. But there doesn't appear to be any usage wear on the big end.

Sidevalve45

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a Celt or adze?Maybe what ever it was it hadn't been used...mjm

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how far you are from me but we have dover here but our main quarry material is Fort Payne chert.

OP
OP
painterx7

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how far you are from me but we have dover here but our main quarry material is Fort Payne chert.

It's the same here there are huge outcrops of fort Payne as an excavator it's a real pain in the A$$ and hard on equipment lol there are supposably 5 Dover quarry sites in my county

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met a geologist and talked with him. They know how to access the information of outcroppings exposed. I thought that it was useful information. Now to find time to use it haha.
Great pieces from your creek. Almost like Missouri creeks.

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the big one some kind of axe? Awesome stuff man, gotta love it when water helps us out.

OP
OP
painterx7

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the big one some kind of axe? Awesome stuff man, gotta love it when water helps us out.

Still unsure of what it is or was going to b . Who knows !!!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what does the 1st one look like on both sides?

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Painter you keep this up and I know some folks in New Orleans that make voodoo dolls:laughing7: You keep looking dude and you are going to find that 6-8in Clovis that is laying out there just waiting on you.:thumbsup:

RestoringYourFinds

Apr 11, 2012
Westchester, NY + FRANCE
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure would love to !!!! Too much snow right now and I actually do not know where to look here in the US. (And I know nothing about legislation on flint hunting in the US) I have been flint hunting in France since I was a kid, and I still occasionally do when I am back there during the Summer. I also used to flintknap a little. I have been in the US for 10 years and never went flint hunting here... Darn... That hurts !! I did find a flint arrowhead here in the US. It was during a visit of a Hudson Valley mansion, and the arrowhead was probably made only a few years ago as a demo, during an archeological event.

I am really stunned and amazed at the quality of your artefacts !!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
it all depends on where you live, each state plus federal gov. lands have different regs. and laws.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread