boy..did i get lucky

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not because of the two small points i found ,but because i just missed stepping on a pretty big copperhead.was going to go all steve Irwin on his but but relized i was not him.just scared him as much as he did me and let him go on his way.be carefull all yall snake 025.jpg snake 024.jpg

Upvote 0

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a fat one…I may have nightmares tonight.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, he's an early riser! Nice finds, too!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds.glad to hear you let him go on his way:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was his home not mine digiron.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the same way.I'll only kill them around the house sometimes if I see them,only for the sake of other peoples interest.They are active at night too

Last edited:

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! I can't stand those critters! jamey where do you live? It's going to be 74 here tomorrow and I know they come out for that sun! Oh and those little points are sweet!

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello NCPeaches,i live in middle Tn.my day started off by going down hwy 40 to rockwood tn to pick up a part for my truck,the ice really hit them there, trees down everywhere.got my part and made it back towards home pretty fast ,so i thought id hunt for a few,get a hunt in before it gets cold,never thought about a snake being out today so as a stepped over him i seen him,kinda grimmaced as i went over him,kinda like it takes a really bad team to beat a good team,well it takes a really dumb snake to take out a seasoned hunter.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well be careful and that tells me if they're out there then they're out here too...I've seen water snakes sunning in January on a 70 degree day in my creek and the locals saying they thought they didn't come out until Spring. lol

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Watch your step...

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard they don't come out till spring but if you see frogs and turtles snakes are out also. I wear my snake boots even in the winter. Last trip to the creek it was 50 and I saw a turtle on the bank. I bet you jumped I know I did last year when I saw one in the brush on a gravel bar. I was bent over about a foot from him looking in the gravel and he was looking back at me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread