DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the Archaic village site today.The last couple times I went i didn't do so well.After all this snow and rain I thought I would give it another shot.Found a few decent pieces, my first unbroken points for 2015.The one on the far left is the first eared piece I have found on the site so far.I don't think there is a whole lot left on the surface because I have pretty much walked it to death,but man I would love to get some heavy equipment up there,or a rotter tiller even. 004.JPG 007.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds, good to see your site is still producing. That site may continue to produce artifacts with time and erosion, good luck and thanks for the view.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that looks like a good day,got some good ones

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice ones! It's hard not to dig when surface finds get scarce.
I am thinking about doing some digging and sifting later on.It is a pretty good size hill top.not sure where to start?

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, good to see your site is still producing. That site may continue to produce artifacts with time and erosion, good luck and thanks for the view.
Thanks.The last couple of hunts before all the weather was starting to make me lose faith in the place,was very surprised to see these three.The problem with this place is that it is kind of a race against time.It is a cut over where they logged a couple years ago,and the sad reality is that it probably will be grown up with thicket before too long

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that looks like a good day,got some good ones
Its about time a caught a little luck.It makes my day if I can just find one whole piece

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find out where to dig then spray round up on it. I hate logging. It sure messes things up for 15 years.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a really good idea!Never would have even thought about doing something like that.Thanks for the tip.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got 3 nice ones Im jealous

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are most welcome. I have sprayed out several large areas like that so I could hunt it. I buy the round up at the Co-op . Its the commercial concentrate called 2,4,d brush
U get 5 gallons of concentrate for $50.00. Way cheaper than round up.If you have an electric sprayer you have it made.

Tantor

Jan 20, 2010
You are most welcome. I have sprayed out several large areas like that so I could hunt it. I buy the round up at the Co-op . Its the commercial concentrate called 2,4,d brush
U get 5 gallons of concentrate for $50.00. Way cheaper than round up.If you have an electric sprayer you have it made.
You're talking about 2 different chemicals. 2,4-D is a selective broadleaf weed killer, Round-up(and it's generics) kill everything. 2,4-d may ding grass but usually won't do a good job killing it.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry was tired 2 4 d Triclopyr I cleared out two ivy lots all the privet and woody plants off of 2 miles of creek and pasture and cleared several acres one year after a select cut timber harvest. I have also just used 24d alone and added a little extra with pretty much the same results. I have a mounted 15 gallon 12 v electric sprayer For any spray to work the plant has to be active and growing. Not dormant. The two ivy lots got two sprayings of just 24d to kill. I metal detected close to 100 CW bullets there.. so guess I/we did something right.
It will do more than ding,lol.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions