Marylanddetctr

Aug 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2
Whites spectrum xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in the wye river in maryland. Is it a tool?, it's has 2 depressions in it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426423782.521979.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426424156.854757.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426424181.206721.jpg

Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple of cobbles made from the same material and am not an expert on tools. I would say it could go either way. Someone will come along and let you know their opinions but I would have picked it up and brought it back too and even though I've been told mine are just cobbles with the exception of one of them which was more than likely a mano, something has told me to keep them separate from the rest of the quartz cobbles, maybe because that material is rare for me to find, or it could be that I've seen discoidals in my area made from the same material. Have you found any projectile points or pottery where you found it?

OP
OP
Marylanddetctr

Marylanddetctr

Aug 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2
Whites spectrum xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 6 points within 50ft of where I found it

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably natural. Even with points near by. Not saying they did not use it but if they made it you could tell.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see no polish marks from grinding and the cortex looks intact so I would say natural. Keep looking though looks like quartzite and they did use that type.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread