yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to hunt yesterday and found a couple bits and pieces. Nothing special, but I'm extremely limited as to where I can hunt right now, so I feel lucky to find anything at all- considering the floods, the heavy traffic, etc. A couple pieces of pottery- one w/ design, and a couple blades. WISH the longer- very well made point had been whole. Anything whole would be a blessing right now. Thanks for looking ;)

007.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg

011.jpg

Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and I know what you mean about being limited, got it going on here too but tomorrow it will be sunny and 75 and this girl is getting out there with the snakes and poking around in the creek. Those 2 shards look like some I have and I love them! That's too bad about the well made one but hopefully you will find some whole ones soon. I finally found a beat up shard today and some severely beat up points today raking a sand bar with pebbles underneath, not even worth making a pic of to post. Good luck next time you get out again!

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having the same kind of luck here in NC. Keep at it. Fantastic finds are out there! Great looking creek/river.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff! I would say a lot better than nothing. The long point is nice. Tony

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the encouraging words!
PTS- that's the Rivanna River. There are 2 reservoirs to the west, and the occasional flooding has rearranged many, many things-- including the course of the river. Just upriver from this site, there are dunes created by said flooding. VA is difficult around here as the rivers are prone to severities.
Viking- yup. those 2 little frags are the only pieces I've found here at all. So lucky- very lucky to see those, and happy w/ the marks/pattern on that one piece.
NCPeaches- Thanks ;) I have exactly one place to hunt right now (need to make more friends in the country...) but the good part is that it offers (although rare) a variety- from quartz crystals and blue quartz to old marbles to artifacts. Every now and then I get a trifecta! Good luck on your hunt tomorrow!
Thanks Tony- it's ground quartz and very symmetrical. Dang-it-all!

Last edited:

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are good finds, I have seen days when I could not find anything at all. Good luck ��

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all under water or mud here. They cant turn the field and the creeks are full with more rain coming. I am desperate and digging bottles haha.
Nice looking area and you did find something. Are you liking the new area and learning it?

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That first broken quatrz piece looks like it would have been a real nice one. Creeks are tough to hunt in my area. Have found a few but they don't seem to give up much.

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all under water or mud here. They cant turn the field and the creeks are full with more rain coming. I am desperate and digging bottles haha.
Nice looking area and you did find something. Are you liking the new area and learning it?

The creeks and rivers are finally going down, so there's more visible every day. But like I was saying above... I really need to make some friends out in the countryside. I drive up into the foothills to a reservoir (rock-hounding), and see all kinds of amazing opportunities, but there are very few put-ins for my kayak, and a lot of the fields are horse or cattle-related and not planted. My one field is now planted w/ tons of blackberries and razzies, so I'm not welcome to hunt anymore-- not that I'd want to (ouch!).
If I could just get my yak in the water, I'd feel like I was making progress... Maybe the James River. Or up-river from where I've been walking where there was a mound once (now a shopping center, river flows past the back. We'll see once the water goes down a little more) I've been doing some research... Thanks for asking ;)

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always nice to get out and have results. I cant wait to be able to go. Rained all day yesterday.

Flea-bit Monkey

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That quartz piece is a gem. Love the pottery too. Hope spring is better for ya. sixeight

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds yakker.That heartbreaker is still a nice find.Probably some beauties waiting for you there

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The creeks and rivers are finally going down, so there's more visible every day. But like I was saying above... I really need to make some friends out in the countryside. I drive up into the foothills to a reservoir (rock-hounding), and see all kinds of amazing opportunities, but there are very few put-ins for my kayak, and a lot of the fields are horse or cattle-related and not planted. My one field is now planted w/ tons of blackberries and razzies, so I'm not welcome to hunt anymore-- not that I'd want to (ouch!).
If I could just get my yak in the water, I'd feel like I was making progress... Maybe the James River. Or up-river from where I've been walking where there was a mound once (now a shopping center, river flows past the back. We'll see once the water goes down a little more) I've been doing some research... Thanks for asking ;)

I got my Kayak out the other day and worked on the hatches. I carry a lot of gear. That water is still cold here and I hunt in the water. Some people call our creeks rivers. They are creeks we have rivers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread