OP
OP
M

mission

Aug 7, 2013
iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely not a tooth,size of a coffee cup handlehandle. Round with a flat top and bottom like it was a rim, broken and grainy on both ends

ncuke

May 24, 2013
It looks like a rib bone to me... Take a look at the ends - if it looks like lots of small holes, it's bone and that's the marrow area. Could be fossilized - I have some deer antler bases that are fossilized and are about the same color and totally mineralized

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does look like a crude handle to me, I don't think it is a tooth or a bone just from what I see. JMO cool find:thumbsup:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
more pictures and close ups would help too

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more photos would definitely help from these it looks like a piece of stoneware to me with a little bit of salt glaze left not earthenware I would expect from Native American pottery

OP
OP
M

mission

Aug 7, 2013
iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About positive it's not bone or tooth, will have to get some better pics or get it in someone's hands with experience in pottery. It is clay and shaped by hand I'm pretty sure, just don't know how old it may bebe.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of context was it found in? What other items have you found in the same area? Is there any other info that could narrow down the possibilities or at least make more probabilities in one direction or another?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread