Possibly Native American?

Mr.Waffles

Mar 27, 2015
South West
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site but I think it's very fascinating. I'm hoping that some of you more experienced treasure hunters might be able to help me with this.
I've found a small number of arrowheads and pottery shards in Arizona but a while back I found this stone. The grooves are in near perfect symmetry all the way around the stone which makes me think that this isn't from natural erosion. My first thought was that it might be an ax head but I think it's too small and I've never seen an ax head with multiple grooves.
Any ideas?

Thanks, ya'll

Attachments

• IMG_3920.JPG
    IMG_3920.JPG
    665.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3921.JPG
    IMG_3921.JPG
    673.9 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mr. Waffles:

Great name! Welcome to the forum. Looks like a keeper. You might want to post it here:

North American Indian Artifacts

These guys will know what you've got.

DCMatt

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
natural, the grooves being perfectly symmetrical al the way around is the give away...and it has no purpose...

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a very interesting basalt cobble but its natural

OP
OP
Mr.Waffles

Mr.Waffles

Mar 27, 2015
South West
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for your replies, everyone. I couldn't think of what this might have been if it had actually been an artifact, so I'm not too surprised by the general consensus so far. I'll be back on the hunt in a couple of weeks and will hopefully have something to post then. Happy hunting, ya'll.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Good luck on your next hunt- and we'll be looking forward to seeing what you find ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread