pretty lil Oklahoma point

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
pretty li'l Oklahoma point

002.JPG not my find, but worth sharing. Neanderthal says it looks like a Huffaker point, but not a classic type...the chert is Kay county, camera makes it look orange, it's not it is a pretty pink. and it is very thin. The finder said only a little bit of flint was showing.

this is my first post in a while,,,it's with a heavy heart, I just gotta believe Larson's spirit is soaring over the Dakota plains now..

naturegirl

Upvote 0
OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
It's so thin! I was afraid to hold it...she brought it to work in a tupperware bowl, with her other finds!!! I kept telling her do not put that back in there..she was very excited, it's one of her best finds..
here's everything else she got
003.JPG

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! That Huffaker point is a beauty! :icon_thumleft: Is that a mid section of a fluted point in the upper right?

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
That is awesome.. that would be in the center of my case....G10 for sure.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful point Naturegirl!! >.......Awesome!!Man I love this hobby and seeing what is found by all...............Great recovery!!!.......GTP(Chris)

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
She said this will go into a frame of her finds, her partner will have a frame of his finds. I'm just hoping she safely got it back home. I keep a small hard plastic container with tissue folded in it just in case, I should find a delicate beauty like this. Old digger, the two squarish looking pieces are stems...I thought the same thing, that it was a mid-section, but it's worked around three edges. I was wondering if either one of those could be a calf-creek stem.

Thanks for the replies,,,hopefully I willl find something to post one of these days! we need more rain, we're still in a drought in this part of the state. It's been at least two years since the creeks and rivers have done a bunch of moving dirt.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds and thanks for sharing them with us.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually have a small clear hard plastic case with double snap closures very similar to a pelican case that was designed to keep electronics dry while on a boat, canoeing, etc that I lined with eggshell foam. I use this to put my small bird points etc in to protect them until I can get them home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions