Arrowheads price help

Undeadbeandip

Apr 17, 2015
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
I just started looking for arrowheads this year just wondering if anyone knows where i can sell my arrowheads and for what price. 20150417_205621.jpg

Upvote 0

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site.
It's hard to tell from the pic, but the tan colored one, lower center, looks like a bevel, and is probably worth more than the rest combined.
Try posting some better pics, with something added for scale.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very little value in points posted other than tan and its not worth a lot. Worth more to you than a buyer..

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started hunting, but I know I will never get rid of any of the artifacts I find. The history and way of life of these people on top of you probably being the first person to touch those since the original maker, makes these items priceless in my opinion. I wish I had that collection, I'm jealous!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black flint to a lot of collectors is considered field grade. I enjoy finding them myself no matter what color but always like the black ones the best. Now as far as value don't quit your job they aren't worth much. 5-25 each tops and 25 is for the big ones with no damage full retail.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ebay...sell them on ebay or a flea market table

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started hunting, but I know I will never get rid of any of the artifacts I find. The history and way of life of these people on top of you probably being the first person to touch those since the original maker, makes these items priceless in my opinion. I wish I had that collection, I'm jealous!

captain redbeard: I feel the same way exactly!

Undeadbeandip: Why don't you put your awesome finds in a frame and instead of looking at them in a money way, look at them in a more personal way. Research who made them and the time periods, it just might be more fulfilling.

OP
OP
U

Undeadbeandip

Apr 17, 2015
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
i do want to start a collection but still want to sell some too just don't know how to put some in a frame.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do want to start a collection but still want to sell some too just don't know how to put some in a frame.
You really don't have much value there to sell them other than the tan one and it isn't worth much more than maybe $15.00, others only couple dollars each if that, if you insist on selling them put them on eBay, start tan at $12, others at .99 cents each...

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to believe that in the first year of hunting one of your main interests is selling what you found.. I guess everybody does things for different reasons.
What got you into the hobby to start with?

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
If you want to make money finding arrowheads then just pick up all the golfballs in the fields instead, you'll find more and make more, plus ready buyers.
;)

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to sell them sell each one on it's on. There are a number of sites on facebook that you can sell on, but this is JMO you only have about $75 tops in price, e-bay may bring you a better price I don't know. There is not a lot of money to be made in selling stuff, if you factor in the time and what it cost you to find them, not counting the time to sell them and you will never find that artifact again, but to each his own a lot of folks do it and some do it because they need the cash and I can understand that. Good Luck!

OP
OP
U

Undeadbeandip

Apr 17, 2015
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
my brother in law got me into it. i like to look for arrowheads the thrill when you find one wanting to find more just fun too me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread