This weekends creek finds 4/26/2015

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekend's creek finds 4/26/2015

I've had a little luck since the rains but not like I was hoping for. Found a nice bottle that I've posted in the bottle section for i.d. but so far no one has helped me out there. Maybe some of you guys who hunt for bottles will go take a look here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...ll-bottle-found-creek-need-help-identify.html and let me know if you know what it was used for. I know it's not worth much but I like the story behind the bottles.

I found 2 shards yesterday and the little flake today. That makes several of those flakes of that material and I just know a nice projectile point is going to surface sooner of later, hoping sooner. The great thing about the material is it really stands out against the other creek stones and never has creek stain so at least if it's where I'm looking I'll spot it quickly. The flake is only about 1/2" at the longest points. Anyway, I'm not unhappy with the finds this weekend but hoping to find something much bigger soon. Thanks for looking!
WP_20150426_011.jpg
WP_20150426_010.jpg

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you found a little tool you're flake looks like a small scraper with graver spur

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure they could have could have also used them for cleaning up bone and scoring them in order to separate them to make tools or whatever else a small piece of bone was needed for

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Peaches.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty color on that flake peaches....and some nice sherds! Going to go look at your bottle, I found some a while back in our garden and know how fun that is! :)

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty color on that flake peaches....and some nice sherds! Going to go look at your bottle, I found some a while back in our garden and know how fun that is! :)

It is fun finding bottles! The one I found was black with creek stain but Iron Out cleaned it right up. Still not sure what was in it, one guy at work said it looked like an old aftershave bottle and he might be right.

Mr.Waffles

Mar 27, 2015
South West
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice. You seem to find a lot of stuff near your creek. It makes me wonder how much water affects deterioration of pottery. All of the pottery I find is in very dry places...then again, Arizona as a whole is pretty much just dry. Do you know how old your pottery pieces might be or how long ago your area was inhabited by Native Americans?
And I know how it feels to be in constant anticipation of the ever elusive "point". That's how last weekend was for me. All flakes and no points. :P

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds peaches

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. You seem to find a lot of stuff near your creek. It makes me wonder how much water affects deterioration of pottery. All of the pottery I find is in very dry places...then again, Arizona as a whole is pretty much just dry. Do you know how old your pottery pieces might be or how long ago your area was inhabited by Native Americans?
And I know how it feels to be in constant anticipation of the ever elusive "point". That's how last weekend was for me. All flakes and no points. :P

I find everything in the creek and have lived here 22 years, had gardens all over my land and never found anything in them. Some of them are what is called Burke Phase in my area and have been worn almost smooth from the water. I was told by an archaeologist that I have Archaic, Woodland and Mississippian time periods in my collection. Sadly my area has never been documented but what they do know is it was inhabited by the Catawba Nation and allies which were Sioux speaking. There have been some Clovis items found around here but I haven't found any yet. The point in my avatar is a transitional Paleo-Archaic piece and is a Palmer type.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread